How's The Weather There ?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the rear shaded area under the eaves.
Okay I've had enough!
IMG_20240706_161332626.jpg

ETO

Newly Enlightened
It's been 117 for the last two days and supposed to be 113 today with the next 10 days all in triple digits.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

question for people in NorCal and the huge temps..
What is your dew point at those big temperatures?, I can't f*&*&%ing stand high dew points

In Summer here, meteorologists talk about Dew Points more than temps, because it's really what matters

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let my yard go all natural in parts of it, wild flowers everywhere and interesting stuff growing..

Noticed a few nights ago I have Firefly's in my yard
at first, thought I was seeing things, yep Firefly's

They come out after sunset and are active until pitch dark
neutral to warmish tint like someone burned a small match for a few seconds

neato

(I know this isn't about weather.)

Reactions: TPA

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ants are coming out of the ground, forming a line on the wall next to my refrigerator and trying to climb inside each time I open it to escape the heat. It's hot as hell and the insects are trying to keep from frying. Been using the gel bait traps to kill them, but it draws them in by smell. Running a fan to cool the house sends them all over the place so I can't cool down my house. House only has one room a/c unit in bedroom. Can't even cool the rest of the house down with fans at night because of the stupid ants.

TPA

Enlightened
What is your dew point at those big temperatures?, I can't f*&*&%ing stand high dew points
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Noticed a few nights ago I have Firefly's in my yard
at first, thought I was seeing things, yep Firefly's
Despite being a FL native, my body doesn't handle high humidity well. Outdoors or indoors.

and I'm jealous on the fireflies. I've only seen them twice in my life and they're absolutely magical to me.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Watched a local meteorologist today online and she had a detailed map of rainfall since May 1st.
Where I'm at, we've had just over 16" of rain.

A big deal; in that it just never dried out & the humidity (dew point) was always really high,,,, just clammy hot

That's changing as we're set for a really nice stretch of weather, drier