How's The Weather There ?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Since CA has been in drought for too long.. No complaints.. tho it's a shame heads of state don't have the brains to build reservoirs, to catch this precious resource
It's California! Be happy those mental meatheads have enough brain cells left to dress themselves.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Really windy here today and tonight. It almost yanked my umbrella out of my hand this afternoon. I can hear the wind howling outside right now.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Crazy weather here in Louisville, KY. High was 74° yesterday. It was beautiful. Tonight the low will be 32°. It has been raining all day.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Picture a beautiful late September day, warm, clear skies that go on forever, leaves are starting to turn.
Families are just starting to put out pumpkins & the forecast is the same for days..

The exact opposite of that, here today :barf:

3_gun

Enlightened
30F with rain today, 67 & chance(20%) of rain tomorrow then 27 with light snow(<1") Friday

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Meanwhile in north Texas - there is some debate as to whether we're in fool's spring, spring of deception, or mud season.
EP83FsdWkAoRVbg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Attachments

• EP83FsdWkAoRVbg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
    EP83FsdWkAoRVbg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 47

bykfixer

Flashaholic
South of the Mason/Dixon it's been Sprinter lately. Winter,Spring,Winter,Spring. Today it was Sprummer. Spring,Summer but tomorrow back to Spring, Saturday back to winter.
4FABCEEB-C81D-41FA-A64D-841112C0CE83.jpeg

Me n the dog enjoying a small bon fire in the nice weather

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Well out here we got almost a food of snow overnight. So its quite cold and snowy. Supposedly this winter storm is over, but I find that hard to believe because the weather people are never right.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, the mildest Winter on record. We had a light dusting of snow for about 3 hours back in December. Since then, nothing! I hope it stays that way. 🫰 🥳

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How do you pronounce that KG?

When I lived in middle North Carolina the sky was often times gray. In winter I'd take film photos of a sky and surrounding landscapes with a McDonalds sign or Exxon sign to potray an image of a black and white photo with a splash of color. It was sureal at times. But the sunsets, my oh my they could be spectacular. Purples, golden's, red's, orange's and colors I'd not seen before not seen since. I remarked to a local in a class in Winston Salem one time about how beautiful the sunsets are. His reply "that's one advantage of being in the top 20 most polluted cities in America, all of those airborn chemicals sure make for some beautiful sunsets.

The weather there was interesting too. They'd get lots of ice while it rained north, south, east and west of the place. I remember telling a guy one time it was probably the first time I wore a jacket all day on July 1st. But I did see it snow in Richmond Va in August one summer. A major cold front came through one afternoon and dropped the temperature from the 90's to the 60's in just about 20 minutes. At one point for a minute or so it was snowing.

Today at the grocery store, the customer in front of me informed the checker that he wanted to purchase some ice ......

I couldn't help myself - "You know, you can make some outside for free." He replied - "Yeah, I just need a bucket."