Hybrid cells Rayovac

ginaz

Enlightened
i like them so far. i realized, though, that my primary problems with high self-discharge was from a batch of energizer 2500's that were crapping out on me. i have energizer 1200's (yes, 1200's) that seem to hold a charge for as long as i have any desire for them to. i have rayovac AAA 550's that are the same. and i've had these cells since long before i had a decent charger. hmmm...

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
I have them in my Stanley, a very seldom used flashlight but I like it because with 9AA batteries it will run for over 24 hours right through, also in a few other random things(couple clocks). I'm going to run a discharge test on the C9000 as they have been in the stanley now for a couple months unused and see what their capacity is. I'm not replacing all my current cells but any new ones I purchase are these new LSD cells (likely hybrids as they are easy to get at Walllllmart). I also have an old old 1400 set of batteries that hold up like champions, they have within 5% of their original rated capacity yet and also do not seem to have siginficant self discharge. I use them in a seldom used wireless playstation controller and I can come back 3 4 months down the line grab it and play for several hours to no ill effects. It seems from personal experience and from observations of battery "gods" like Silverfox that around 2000 mAh may be the sweet spot for AA battery capacity.

lednut

Newly Enlightened
I agree on the Energizer 2500 mah batteries- total crap,very unreilable on runtime,capacity and shelf life.I have some old Sanyo 1650 mah AA's that seem to hold a charge forever and a day.I just returned from Mallwart with a Rayovac Hybrid charger/2AA/2AAA combo in blister back packaging for $11.74.Charge time shows to be 8 hours. AA's are 2100 mah and AAA's are 800 mah. This must be the next big thing in nimh batteries. Can't wait to try them out!

Bearcat

Enlightened
lednut said:
I agree on the Energizer 2500 mah batteries- total crap,very unreilable on runtime,capacity and shelf life.I have some old Sanyo 1650 mah AA's that seem to hold a charge forever and a day.I just returned from Mallwart with a Rayovac Hybrid charger/2AA/2AAA combo in blister back packaging for $11.74.Charge time shows to be 8 hours. AA's are 2100 mah and AAA's are 800 mah. This must be the next big thing in nimh batteries. Can't wait to try them out!

My 10 $5.00 off Rayovac Hybrid charger or batteries coupons should be in the mailbox tomorrow. I already have the Rayovac PS4 1 hour charger, I see that the charger that comes with the new Hybrid batteries is a 8 hour charger. I am sure that my old charger will work, but I wonder if the batteries will do better with the 8 hour charger, since that is what they come with.

n3eg

Newly Enlightened
I got them for the lower internal impedance / higher voltage at 1.0c discharge rate. No more "half battery" symbol on my digital camera. Unfortunately, word got out about these - and Wallyworld here has been out of them for a while now.

viorel00

Enlightened
Bearcat said:
My 10 $5.00 off Rayovac Hybrid charger or batteries coupons should be in the mailbox tomorrow. I already have the Rayovac PS4 1 hour charger, I see that the charger that comes with the new Hybrid batteries is a 8 hour charger. I am sure that my old charger will work, but I wonder if the batteries will do better with the 8 hour charger, since that is what they come with.

where did you get these coupons? i looked on ebay, there is not much...

thanks

Bearcat

Enlightened
viorel00 said:
where did you get these coupons? i looked on ebay, there is not much...

thanks

I went back to get some more and did another search "Rayovac Coupons" and they were all gone!! I got my 10 $5.00 off coupons for a total of $1.28 including shipping. I should have bought everyone they had when I had the chance and given them to some of my friends. Someone said the coupons were in last Sunday's paper.

not2bright

Enlightened
I am not sure how all of the WalMart stores work but the ones I have found will apply the coupon to multiple packs. The coupon does not say "limit one" on it. That said I think that WalMart probably only gets reimbursed once for the coupon.

The "self check" lines work the same way. You can apply the coupon to multiple packs and insert it in the coupon slot. This may or may not be fair as the coupon does not state that it is limited to one per coupon.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was thinking about getting a few of those coupons myself and found this site:Here
I searched for Rayovac and it looks like you have to buy $3 worth of coupons (at 10 cents each, makes 30 coupons) plus 50 cents fee. I haven't figured out how many I want yet though.

viorel00

Enlightened
Lynx_Arc said:
I was thinking about getting a few of those coupons myself and found this site:Here
I searched for Rayovac and it looks like you have to buy $3 worth of coupons (at 10 cents each, makes 30 coupons) plus 50 cents fee. I haven't figured out how many I want yet though.

Thanks. I might buy 30 and share with some here if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

not2bright

Enlightened
viorel00 said:
I think those coupons are not for hybrids though, I see one coupon for Rayovac + Pirates of the Caribbean, and another one for some Fisher Toys.
Nothing about hybrids though.

I used the search on that site for "hybrid" and found the coupon offer easily. At present they have 2220 coupons available with a minimum order of 5 at $.10 each.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
viorel00 said:
Thanks. I might buy 30 and share with some here if anyone is interested.

If you do buy some I would be willing to paypal (cash) funds for at least 10 coupons including postage.

viorel00

Enlightened
Lynx_Arc said:
If you do buy some I would be willing to paypal (cash) funds for at least 10 coupons including postage.

Hi, too late, I put 5 in shopping cart (min order is 5) and wife filled the rest of the cart with baby coupons (diapers and such). Min order is $3.00, there is a 50 cents fee and postage is 0.39. Not bad at all.

I may use 3 or 4 at most, so private message me your postal address and I will send you one or two, no need to send me money :)

justmyluck

Newly Enlightened
Edit: DOH!!! I thought I read through the thread completely, but now just look up and see this place has already been mentioned...sorry for the duplicate!

For anyone that missed out on the Rayovac coupons on Ebay (I missed out), there is another place to get them.

Just stumbled upon this place today while doing a google search for rayovac coupons. Therefore, I have no previous knowledge of them...however the place looks interesting.

http://http://www.thecouponclippers.com/coupons/home.php

Minimum order was 5 coupons for $0.10 each, $0.50 service charge (standard at this particular site) and shiping was $0.39. So $1.39 for 5 $5.00 coupons. (I did not order these yet...going to look around the site first to see if I need any other coupons.)

I like the concept...we'll see if they are really as good as they look.

Oh, BTW, looks like they have approx. 2200 of these coupons at the present time.

Good luck! If anyone else tries them, let us know how it goes.

Eric

viorel00

Enlightened
justmyluck said:
Minimum order was 5 coupons for $0.10 each, $0.50 service charge (standard at this particular site) and shiping was $0.39. So $1.39 for 5 $5.00 coupons. (I did not order these yet...going to look around the site first to see if I need any other coupons.)

minimum order is $3.00, there is a $0.50 processing fee (to cover their Paypal or CC fees) and 0.39 postage (which is very fair compared to what you see these days on eBay).

so minimum order is almost $4, but you can get other coupons too, not bad overall