Hybrid cells Rayovac

coppertrail

Enlightened
thirdeye said:
CT

I have your's ready to mail.

Good, for you, on the availibility of the packs.

I just want to get the coupons out while there is stock here and there.

It is a great deal.

te
thirdeye - Coupons acquired, heading over to Walmart this afternoon to cash them in. Thanks again!

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Does anyone feel really kind and would consider sending a needy (but willing to cover costs and postage) Australian, two 4 Packs of AA Hybrid's? We don't get all the killer deals here... :awman:

coppertrail

Enlightened
Hi Luke -

I'm picking up some hybrids today. I believe they're $8.99 for 4 AA cells. Please PM me and let me know what you'd like.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
IMO, eneloop is the way to go. The Hybrid doesn't hold the charge nearly as well.

Based on what tests? I am interested to know before I go jump on the hybrid wagon. Might it be that Sanyo's Eneloop was the first to use the technology, and the new hybrids are just "me too's" using the same technology?

Turbo DV8 said:
Based on what tests? I am interested to know before I go jump on the hybrid wagon. Might it be that Sanyo's Eneloop was the first to use the technology, and the new hybrids are just "me too's" using the same technology?

I have two sets of eneloops and a set of hybrids. Each set being four. I tested them both and the Rayovac Hybrid has a higher capacity immediately off the charger, but the percent change in capacity after two weeks was greater than that of eneloop.

There are a few others who report the eneloop having superior charge retention if you look around on the forums.

The eneloop was released in Japan about a year before here, then Rayovac Hybrid came on the market after eneloop became available here, togther with Titanium Enduro.

Hybrid with about 15 cycles of prior use

fresh off the charger

after resting overnight

Last edited:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, in terms of charge retention, how did the ROV hybrids measure up to a typical NiMH? At a buck per hybrid, if it's at least decent, although not up to Eneloop standards, it's not a bad deal.

Al

Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
IMO, eneloop is the way to go. The Hybrid doesn't hold the charge nearly as well.

Ditto ... same experience ... perhaps Sanyo has a patent right on some of the improvements?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the two manufacturer's also acknowledge that with their own claims. Rayovac only claims an 80% capacity retention over 6 months, whereas Sanyo claims that level of capacity at one year.

Turbo DV8 said:

not2bright

Enlightened
As Turbo DV8 said, at a buck per cell the Hybrids are a vast improvement over standard NiMH cells.

The Hybrids have a much lower self discharge rate than normal cells and cost much less than eneloops. It is a bit of a compromise but for the low price they fit a wide range of needs.

I currently have 28 Hybrid AA and 16 AAA cells. In my cycling on the C9000 90% of the Hybrids test out over the 2100 rating with the lowest cell beinig 2082 mAH. These cells start out with 100 mAH more than the eneloops even if they self discharge a bit faster.

They usually come out of the package with ~1750-1850 mAH in them. I'm not sure how long they have been in transit or on the shelf but they seem to hold a charge much, much better than my Sanyo 2500s.

Last edited:

roadie

Enlightened
i am pack charging the eneloops .... no need special charger

as eneloop can take up to 1 C charging ........ as stated in their specs ....

coppertrail

Enlightened
Those voltages are pretty good. Did you treat them with DeoxIT Gold? After treating my eneloops, they came off the charger at 1.44V, 1.35V prior to treatment.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a few cycles the cells now provide most of their current at a normal NiMH 1.2 volts. At first the voltage was a little low. Good, steady, output with a Fenix L1P and its 1.0 amp load ~ for an hour.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Bump on the request for anyone with any remaining coupons.

Don't mean to panhandle, but I've been checking the couponclipper and ebay with no luck.

I'm happy to send a self addressed stamped envelope and reimburse your costs on the coupons.

Thanks!

VWTim

Enlightened
Eskimonio said:
Bump on the request for anyone with any remaining coupons.

Don't mean to panhandle, but I've been checking the couponclipper and ebay with no luck.

I'm happy to send a self addressed stamped envelope and reimburse your costs on the coupons.

Thanks!

If you do run across any coupons for sale I'd be willing to go in on them. I could use a couple more coupons as well.