i cant belive ive been here for dang near 2 decades

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
here, have a thumbs up from Michael Knight

Lynx_Arc

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm a little over a year behind you and it might as well be 20 years ago I joined as I lurked for over a year before I signed up.

alpg88

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I has been a while for me too, when i joined white 5/10mm leds just came out, and were the only white leds available, then a while latter first luxeon star came out, i still have one. in pr base for 3 cells, seems so dim today, and the color is nasty, but back then it was the latest brightest led. So much changed since then.

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I came in around the time we we transitioning from incandescent to led. I don’t think will ever see a more amazing time in our hobby.60 lumens was blinding bright and 30-45 minutes of runtime was the norm And somehow we all survived 😁

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i kind of recal reading about the first led flashlight in a popaler science magazine or mechanics mag

Roger Sully

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter
It has been a minute hasn’t it?

greatscoot

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I’m a relative youngster at 11yrs and alot has changed for sure. I still like hanging out here for the people even though many have jumped to fartbook. I like having everything in one place instead of having to jump from group to group.

Siriuslite

Siriuslite

Newly Enlightened
20 years - my God. Joined before my daughter was born and is now going into her 3rd year of university

PhotonWrangler

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I joined right around the time that Luxeon LEDs were starting to take off. Remember the infamous Luxeon lottery? LED quality control has gotten much better since then. And who knew that we would someday have laser pumped flashlights!

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
I came in around the time we we transitioning from incandescent to led. I don’t think will ever see a more amazing time in our hobby.60 lumens was blinding bright and 30-45 minutes of runtime was the norm And somehow we all survived 😁
Same.
This was right at that transitional time when new meets old. If you wanted runtime, it was LED. If you wanted serious output, it was Incandescent. And, you definitely sacrificed runtime. Used to EDC a Black Surefire C2 with the company's high-output lamp option. 120 lumens for 20 minutes. For very serious output, you had HID.

B

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
ive always felt as you all as freinds. and that your a blessing in my life.
Pretty wild isn't it. My first account was lost but it was earlier than this one and I've had this one a while too.