I can't find a 2C Maglite anywhere.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Did they discontinue them? I would like to do a flamethrower mod on one. I've checked Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Nothing. What happened to them?

:confused:

Home Depot should definitely have them. Usually in black, purple, and pewter.

RadioShack should also have the black ones.

AceHardware has black 3C Mags.

Check RadioShack. They're about $18.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nearest Home Depot to me still has them but only in black.The pewter and blue/purple ones seem to have disappeared around here.I did find one pewter one at another Home Depot but the package was cut open(return?).All the other 2Cs at that store were black as well.
I also wonder if the C-cell lights will be phased out in the future.Mag sells the modules seperate of course,but the only complete large size Magleds are D cell. To me it seems like the 2/3C would have been the ideal models to market the Magled.As others have mentioned Brightguy and Z Battery are good online sources for 2,3 and 4C Mags.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
To me it seems like the 2/3C would have been the ideal models to market the Magled.

I have to agree with you there. I used a black 2C Mag w/ MagLED extensively, as a work light at my previous job assignment. It never let me down. And I've found the C cell form factor to be quite a bit more comfortable in my hand than the D cell models.

I was so pleased with the light's performance that I bought a pewter 2C Mag at Home Depot, and immediately tossed in a MagLED upgrade into it.

But that was several months ago. Hopefully Mag won't get rid of their entire C cell line.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in my local Home Depot over the weekend, so I checked... five pewter 2C's and a half dozen black.

pbs357

Enlightened
I hope the 2C pewter or silver aren't gone in my area. Radio Shack has black, Loews didn't have any 2C's when I went by. I'm planning on building a 2C ROP LE with AW's C cells and the black just seems to lose ano too easily...