i care about you all please if you leave the board tell us your leaving

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
One opinion: Better to leave quietly than to sound like leaving in a huff, or casting negativity toward whatever it is being left. Sometimes we just simply do not ever get to find out why something happens, but it may be better to depart with grace than with beliefs espoused that bring people down, or angry. 2 cents.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I don't think a true flashaholic ever leaves CPF, they either take a hiatus or rejoin under a different username. There's far too many new-ish people with vast flashlight history knowledge. ;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been a member of a bunch of forums, and some times you just don't anything to say anymore so one day you just stop chiming in.

One I announced I was leaving after that forum began allowing ads for illegal drugs. I messaged managment about it and they said "get an ad blocker"…… so I said a thank you to a few and stated why I was leaving. Oh, and just to make sure I didn't change my mind I changed my log in password to some random letters and logged off.

As they say "that was that"

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im worried about so many that i havent seen in a while. but im afraid to ask if anyone seen them incase the person passed on or got sick. i couldnt hanlde that sadness

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will step back and just be a lurker again. I've read stuff for probably several year before I joined in 2017. I don't think I want to ask any more questions or be a active member here due to personal problems and strife with some of the members. I can no longer get along with or tolerate some of the people here and I don't think they can tolerate me either. Nothing personal against you raggie33 or my other friends.

It's becoming more common to "ghost" these days, with anonymity of the internet it's easier for a lot of people to disappear than try to explain why. It's tough when you feel like you know people. I don't think I'd leave CPF, but I do enjoy BLF and /r/flashlights too.

I think I will step back and just be a lurker again. I've read stuff for probably several year before I joined in 2017. I don't think I want to ask any more questions or be a active member here due to personal problems and strife with some of the members. I can no longer get along with or tolerate some of the people here and I don't think they can tolerate me either. Nothing personal against you raggie33 or my other friends.

Another option is the ignore feature. Hover on the member's name or avatar, then click on Ignore.