I got the lumens bug :(

Secur1

Enlightened
I guess it was only a matter of time hunging around you ppl :/

You can see my current collection on my sig line but i am still not happy... I just got my first 24w HID and even tho i was well impressed, secretly i felt a slight dissappointment as i was expecting more light to come out of it.

I think i should start saving up for a Polarion or something along those lines because 1800 lumens just isn't enough !

By the way, what's the most powerfull hand held light someone can get, that will run for at at least an hour ?
So far the only one i've seen is the 40watt Polarion Helios and the 75watt Burn Burner but that's custom made and i don't think i've seen a run time chart on this one anywhere...

The funny thing is that i don't "need" anything more powerfull than i alredy have, even the 24watt Boxer is an overkill in my line of work, heck i had no problems doing my patrols with the stock Striker VG, still i already sold it and i am waiting for the new custom version with more than double the output...
But there is no use denieing it, the more the lumens the bigger the smile on my face.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not despair my friend,,, your problem may not be cureable, but visa and paypal can provide the medication you need to make it through the night. Unfortunately, it looks like you are one of those who will have to keep increasing their dosage.

Secur1

Enlightened
Well on the bright side (pun intented :p) i am not a collector, so i have already sold off 2 of the lights i am not using and i am waiting to sell a 3rd.
My setup is as follows :
EDC Draco.
Work where a light might be needed LF1 on AW's 14500 (thinking about upgrading it with a SSC as well).
Work at night time without external or limited distance patrols D-mini or Striker with LF1 as backup.
Work at night with extensive patrols Boxer with Striker as backup.

And honestly like i said before the striker will be more than enough to cover anything, but the Boxer just makes me smile more :D

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the feeling, Sometimes I take my Metal halide 1000 Watt EYE light out of the garage grab a lead plug it in and walk around the yard with it at night, instant daylight

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Now that was funny. Shoot, I lounge on my couch in my darkened living room and just light the walls up. Now that is borderline crazy. And I don't even have many lumens. lol. Thanks, guys. :laughing:

TORCH_BOY said:
I know the feeling, Sometimes I take my Metal halide 1000 Watt EYE light out of the garage grab a lead plug it in and walk around the yard with it at night, instant daylight

Secur1

Enlightened
Erm hmmm RdlyLite it's not crazy cause we all do it :p I often lay in my bed watching TV and at some point or another i will randomly grab one of my lights and just look at the hotspot on the wall across :p

Just got another idea, from time to time we get kids hanging around the back of the place i live, shouting and screaming at all odd hours of the night, i guess next time this happens, i'll introduce them to my newly aquired Boxer :D

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Lol. That gives me ideas... :ohgeez:

Secur1 said:
Erm hmmm RdlyLite it's not crazy cause we all do it :p I often lay in my bed watching TV and at some point or another i will randomly grab one of my lights and just look at the hotspot on the wall across :p

Just got another idea, from time to time we get kids hanging around the back of the place i live, shouting and screaming at all odd hours of the night, i guess next time this happens, i'll introduce them to my newly aquired Boxer :D

mdocod

Flashaholic
Build a larryK14 (I think that's what we were calling it)....

need to make a ~28V pack that can deliver nearly 20 amps without much trouble. drive a 500W landing light in a harbor freight spotlight host. 14,000 lumens. It will run for about 5-10 minutes depending on your battery solution. This will not be for utility use, it will be for 1 thing only, to temporarily satisfy your craving for lumens. After you have used it for awhile and want more- maybe you'll come up with a 1000W version and share with us all how you did it.

Nereus

Enlightened
Secur1 said:
...By the way, what's the most powerfull hand held light someone can get, that will run for at at least an hour ?...
You need absolutely this, it should fulfill your needs perfectly: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/92396
Just put the battery in a backpack and use your both hands to carry the light emitting unit. :lolsign:

Seriously, I am somewhat sorry for your lumen bug... I have been suffering for a long time from the same disease. The only limiting factors preventing your lumen bug going even more severe are the amount of money and the amount of time you can waste (the word preferred by non-flashaholics) or invest (the word preferred by flashaholics) on your obsess... errr, hobby. :D

-N

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
Secur1 said:
Just got another idea, from time to time we get kids hanging around the back of the place i live, shouting and screaming at all odd hours of the night, i guess next time this happens, i'll introduce them to my newly aquired Boxer
biggrin.gif
Someone was sitting in the neighbors yard the other night at like 2am honking the horn. So my wife lit em up with my 15mcp Thor out of our bedroom window.
lolsign.gif

woodaspdawn

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to get a paintball gun and use that on the neighbors, but he wouldn't let me.:whistle:

Secur1

Enlightened
//Looks at his new avatar//

Who you gonna call ?! LumaBusters !!!

And woodaspdawn i like your style lol :p

Last edited:

frogs3

Enlightened
Re: I got the lumens bug :)

Don't forget the Tank Lights, especially the VSS 3, which are not too heavy to transport around, relatively. The beauty of this is it takes some time to build, you must deeply respect the UV that will fry your own eyes and skin in minutes if you are not careful, and when you are done: there are plenty of threads on CPF to show the results. I don't even know the giga or possibly terra lumens coming out of that beauty. My wife prevents me, for now. But you are probably young. And it costs less than plenty of popular lights. It isn't hand=held exactly, but when it is transported to the site of interest, there will be nothing like it.

In the meantime, my 75 BB was bought used on the CPF, and is most satisfactory.

There is no known cure for your lumenophilia, so just keep reading.

All Hope Abandon, Ye Who Enter Here,

The Inferno, Canto1; Dante Aligheri

-HAK