I had a Photon light and never even knew it...

SurefireM6

Enlightened
OMG! I was at work today looking through my drawer and came across a keychain light that I had bought years ago, probably 6 or 7 years ago at a Gun show. the original battery still in it, I started to play around with it. After close inspection it had "Micro Photon Light" on it and I almost fell out of my chair! This is the light I've read great reviews about on this board! I immediately jumped up and walked over to Radio Shack in the same parking lot (took a break) and bought 2 new 2016 batts for it.

I forgot about this light for years but now resides on my keychain! It has about the same output as the CMG Infinity so I must have the first series ever built because you guys always talk about the Photon being as bright as the ARC AAA.

Anyway, thought I'd share that wth you since I'm excited now. Saved me $17 since I would have bought it eventually! LOL.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good!
smile.gif

Now walk back to the RadioShack store and ask for a new white LED. The brightest they have. Then when you open your Photon to replace the batteries, take a careful look at how the LED leads are arranged. Replace the old LED with the new one.

There you have it. An old Photon with the same power as the new.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steelwolf:
Good!
smile.gif

Now walk back to the RadioShack store and ask for a new white LED
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so fast... the last time I saw a white LED at Radio Shack it was the very wide angle NSPW510BS with a 50° beam.
If that type of beam configuration is desired, then it's fine. Otherwise look around for a nice 20° white.

Latest posts