I lost my light.......

clipse

Enlightened
I lost my HDS EDC U60 (modded with SSC P4). I've looked and looked. I can't find it. It has been in my pocket since the light came out. Now, I'm on the look out for a new pocket light. So, what is out there that is similar in function and form and with as good or better quality and ruggedness? I would prefer cr123 with the ability to use rechargeable cells. Price should stay under $300.

Thanks

Nate

chef4850

Enlightened
if you already had an HDS why not get another? I have the 170 tac and it is a great light. I also have a EDC 120 and it is also a great light. If you are looking for something "different" take a look at the jetbeam rrt-0. I just got it and it is the same great build quality and brite as hell.

Chef

clipse

Enlightened
I thought about getting another HDS. I was just going to see what else was available. :)

Matt7337

Enlightened
+1 for the 170 Tac clicky - Mine's the Ti version and with the clip now added (which just arrived today - thanks Chip you are an amazing craftsman!) it is the most durable, most usable pocket rocket that I own. If it's not clipped inside the pocket of my jeans, my Nitecore Extreme is. Also a fantastic light, and available with a number of LED options if you want to get just the right output/ tint characteristics for your needs.

I would love to be able to recommend a Nitecore SR3 running on a single CR123A but unfortunately I haven't got mine yet and from what I've read it's a much better light when running on an 18650 with the extension tube. Hopefully (and probably) still a fantastic little light on a single 123A and honestly I've never seen a Nitecore light that wasn't built and finished to perfection. They really stand apart from some other manufacturers when it comes to build quality and finishing :twothumbs

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe its better to have several good lights then 1 great 1.

if you lose your 1 light? :poke:

if you lose one of your several lights, you just reach for the next.

many many excellent high performance well made reliable 123 based lights available for $50-$70

buy a bunch of em :candle:

http://www.light-reviews.com/reviews_cr123.html

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope you find the light soon.

From what I recall, the Liteflux LF3X or XT has a similar UI to the Novatac, and also has a smooth beam, so it could be an option.

clipse

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of other lights. But my HDS EDC U60 was THE LIGHT. Right now I'm carrying my E2L (single mode 9hr runtime version). Which is a fine light, but no HDS. :)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't settle you know you want another HDS you can't substitute for the best. Just do it! Order up. Keep in mind you got about 3 years to look for the light before all hope is lost and the battery gives up on the locator flash.

JohnF

Enlightened
I have lost my HDS Ultimate XR (P4 modded) twice and my Basic 60 GT (also P4 modded) once. The Ultimate turned up one time after 6 months under a bed at a friends cabin we visited - he called one day with the news he had found a nice flashlight...

I have many newer wiz-bang lights, but the HDS's are still the best, most flexible, and most durable I've got. Oh, sure, you might find a something marginally brighter than a P4 modded HDS, but not a quantum leap brighter by any means.

I hope you do find it, but in the meantime I'd be on the lookout for a used one (just not one of mine) and do the same P4 mod we did on ours.

OK, maybe I'd give you a good price on my P4 USVOH Basic 60 GT if you insist. I've got too many lights not being used as it is.

John F

EV_007

Enlightened
I just lost one of my light too! And not just any light, the SureFire Titan T1A. Now I know how you guys feel when you lose a light and post about it.

I've looked everywhere, twice. I hope whoever finds it appreciates it and not toss it aside thinking it is a M@g solitare.

Still hoping it turns up...

Oh, the HDS is an awesome light and hope you find it soon.

clipse

Enlightened
On the lanyard suggestion, its actually my own fault that I lost. The battery was all but dead and I set it someplace..........I don't know if my 2 year old got ahold of it after that or I just don't remember where I put it, but, I have no idea where it is. I do know, it is somewhere in my house. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think a new HDS just might be for me. :)

clipse

Enlightened
Ha, I found it. I think I need to clean more. I decided over the weekend that I would start really cleaning and maybe it would turn up. So, now I have light back, and a happy wife. :)