• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I need a 27LT window...

02Scuba

Banned
If I were you I would return the light to the shoppe and see about getting my money back. They are jacking up the price $50.00 on the same light you purchased that McGismo is presently selling right now for $225.00. And when you get one from McGismo it comes with everything you want including the Ti-clip so you dont have to kick out another $25.00 when the shoppe FINALLY gets one in. The Shoppe is not the only one in town and if you spend a little time looking around you can find what you need, usually at a better price.

I know I am speaking blasphemy here (anyone who ever says anything that might be considered critical of the shoppe has bore the verbal/written l consequences) but my belief is that the truth will set you free. You have purchased a nice light but it's even nicer at $225.00 with everything it should come with.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
02Scuba said:
If I were you I would return the light to the shoppe and see about getting my money back. They are jacking up the price $50.00 on the same light you purchased that McGismo is presently selling right now for $225.00. And when you get one from McGismo it comes with everything you want including the Ti-clip so you dont have to kick out another $25.00 when the shoppe FINALLY gets one in. The Shoppe is not the only one in town and if you spend a little time looking around you can find what you need, usually at a better price.

I know I am speaking blasphemy here (anyone who ever says anything that might be considered critical of the shoppe has bore the verbal/written l consequences) but my belief is that the truth will set you free. You have purchased a nice light but it's even nicer at $225.00 with everything it should come with.

I don't know about blasphemy but there's a chance this may be mostly BS! :rolleyes:

I don't know if TxTroubleMaker bought a 27LT from the shop and if he did if the light came without a window or Ti clip but this seems to be the implication? I do know that TxZTroublemaker did buy a 27LT-S from me. I also know that I appreciate him going to the shoppe looking for a window and not contacting me for this kind of a part. The parts support that the shoppe provides for my lights is a real time and frustration saver for me! I don't know how involved I would be with the various lights if it weren't for the support of the shoppe. Hell if it weren't for Wayne and his support and supply not to mention design of the converters I use, I wouldn't be building any lights at all!

I also believe that the shoppe was or is offering a 27LT with a 5W LED which is a different animal from what I was building using the Luxeon III's.

Now your post beyond some obvious (to me) venting against the shoppe hasn't provided one bit of aid to the topic at hand. My response has not helped TxTroubleMaker any either so far. :sigh:

I think the shoppe has a couple options for windows that will fit the 27LT but I don't know that for a fact.

If all else fails, TxTroubleMaker, send me an e-mail if you are interested in a sapphire window for the 27LT. I might have some double sided A/R coated limeglass windows as well but would have to check.

The quoted post above and its inclusion in this thread which is seeking some assistance is just a wonderful sign of some of the dialogue that makes CPF a wonderful place to spend one's time and energy; NOT!

If I am wrong or off base here, let the truth set me free as well!

02Scuba

Banned
Not only will the truth set you free, I guess it hurts somtimes. I just purchased a 27LT from you. It came with the nice lens I think TxTroublemaker wants and the Ti-clip. When the Shoppe started selling the 27LT with the 5W LED I purchased one. Plastic lens and no Ti-clip and it cost me $50.00 bucks more than the one I just bought from you. I subsequently obtained a lens and clip for the light I bought from the Shoppe from two other sources as the shoppe has not had these items in stock since I purchased the light from them. The lens and the clip cost me another $30.00 not counting postage.

I thought this was useful information. I wish someone would have told me this before I purchased the 27LT from the Shoppe. I'd have $80.00 more bucks in my pocket. Are we not suppose to share this type of information on CPF ? Sounds like we should not if it in any way casts the Shoppe in a bad light. And if that is the case you are right, it is BS.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If you have a jeer for the shoppe and haven't been able to resolve the issue dealing direct with them then there is a forum for that.

I am surprised to hear that the light came with a plastic window and no clip. The fact it was a 5W makes it unreasonable to compare it to the 27LT that I sell.

None of this has anything to do with this particular thread. I suggest we leave this thread alone from further off topic discussion.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
TxTroubleMaker, if you broke your lens and are in need of one I believe the 29.3mm x 1.90mm "Water White" UCL lens with AR coating on both sides will work for you. I measured my 27LT and that lens should pop right in there and My orders from this place have always shipped and arrived quickly.:) The UCL lenses are on sale right now which should help ease the pain if I am wrong and it doesn`t fit.:nana: Heck, I`ll buy it from you if it doesn`t fit!;)

http://www.flashlightlens.com/cat--Glass-Lenses--Glass_Lenses.html

Ken

02Scuba

Banned
Your comments Mr. McGizmo are neither appropriate nor based on any knowledge as to what has or has not transpired between me and the Shoppe. I have receipts copies of which Wayne can probably show you that demonstrate in the last 60 days I have probably purchased 5 completed lights from him and hundreds of dollars in other merchandice. That is business backed up by hard cash, not Jeer.

If the Shoppe is willing to take my money and if I have a problem with them I'm going to let them know and I have. I also have the right to let others know what my experience has been with the shoppe. Again, I thought that was in part what the CPF Forum was for. Anyone who reads what I write can take it out with the garbage in the morning if that's what they want to do.

So please, let CPF members make up there own mind and please stop trying to dictate where and what opinions should or should not be expressed. I reviewed the CPF rules of conduct before I joined and I have said nothing about anyone or anything that contravenes those rules. I will continue to follow those rules. But not you or anyone else is going to stop me from expressing my opinion.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
02scuba,
I was making suggestions and certainly not trying to dictate what you do or where you do it. By all means, carry on. :ohgeez:

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
02Suba,
You need to chill and you need to know the facts before you assume you know my reasons for needing a replacement window. I think you are still harboring a little anger with the shoppe over your HD45 "issue". It's not their fault you ordered the wrong light. As a matter of fact Wayne posted in that very thread where you posted your complaint that he would work with you to resolve your "issue".

Now, back to the topic of this thread... I guess I should explain the situation, not that I should have to explain why I need a certain part, but in lieu of the discussion so far I guess it will help to clear things up.

I purchased a 27LT-S from Don recently and added one of Yaesumofo's Ti bezel rings to it. After a couple of conversations with yaesumofo via PM's about the bezel ring, there was the possibility that it was not screwing down as tight as it would on either a LuxIII or LuxV 27LT. Probably due to the 27LT-S having a trimmed reflector. I tested the integrity of my 27LT-S' seal with a little water and unfortunately the seal was not as good as the stock bezel. No big deal, a tiny drop or two on the inside of the window. Me being rushed and a little careless, I used the wrong type of cloth to clean the window and damaged the AR coating.:stupid: It really isn't that bad, but I'm kind of anal and I notice it when I use the light. I swapped out the window with the one from my LuxV 27LT(which I purchased at the shoppe with no problems), so now my 27LT-S is cherry again. However I really like my LuxV light and hate that I had to steal its window, which is why I would like to buy a replacement. I'm sure that I could probably find a different type of window other than sapphire, but Don specifically uses it for a reason, so why use something different.:shrug: So thanks 02scuba, I already felt like an idiot for screwing up a perfectly good sapphire window, now I feel a 1000 times worse because I had to re-live my screw up all over again in front of the whole of CPF.:goodjob::lolsign:

So in conclusion, I need a replacement sapphire window for a 27LT and possibly some sort of counseling(again, thanks 02Scuba :goodjob: ). :nana:

Last edited: