I need a switch(es)

cityevader

Enlightened
I absoltely LOVE my Pelican 1920 pen light.
Having owned 5 of them, and with lots of daily use, the rubber boot over the switch fails very quickly, and the button can no longer be pressed. I've contacted Pelican to try to purchase a bunch of switches, but no reply.

In the pic, is it obvious the switch can be replaced? If not, i'll glue something to extend its length.

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_130917.jpg
    IMG_20220208_130917.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 75

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I absoltely LOVE my Pelican 1920 pen light.
Having owned 5 of them, and with lots of daily use, the rubber boot over the switch fails very quickly, and the button can no longer be pressed. I've contacted Pelican to try to purchase a bunch of switches, but no reply.

In the pic, is it obvious the switch can be replaced? If not, i'll glue something to extend its length.
did you call them on the phone or just email them?

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Your best bet would be to see an authorized dealer directly. Pelican can be extremely slow to respond and they dont like selling parts directly. At one time they did sell replacement parts on a sub site but I see its now gone. You can claim it under warranty and you will get a new switch. If you can deal with one rep long enough they may be willing to give you extras if you are a repeat customer with the same issue.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
email...I despise phones
Therein lies a problem. I have an older vehicle that some parts are hard to find and the air intake for it was made of plastic and had deteriorated so bad it was causing problems and the part was $200 locally and I couldn't afford that till about a year later I kept patching it but it got to the point my patches were no longer working. I searched the internet several times finally finding a place with a very good price and emailed them with no reply. I went ahead and called them a month later and got ahold of someone that told me the number on their site was not updated and they simply didn't get my message at all. After some difficulty I did manage to get my part for $170 delivered to me instead of over $200 saving about $40 likely more than that as the prices of the part had gone up and most prices were over $230 online that had the part in stock. Websites are often set up and not maintained well other than perhaps keeping hackers away and updating prices. I've talked to Pelican years and years ago back in the 90s when I had a 2AAA mighty light (incan) and the light module went out rather quickly and I wanted to order another module and got decent service over the phone but sadly their incan modules are not that great as I found a UK2AAA incan light at walmart and used it through probably 100 battery changes never having the light module go out and when I called to talk to them to get another light like it as I couldn't find one locally I was given a 2AAA LED version that wasn't even on their website after talking to them.

I've since tried email first and then when it goes unanswered call them. I've talked to other businesses online when products were out of stock and had their representatives contact me when they got back in stock and on average a lot of these people are nice and outgoing which surprised me plenty as I've been stuck on the phone in a call center before and I struggled to be nice at times as I don't have the personality for that type of job on full time basis.

It is possible if you call pelican they would send you a new light if you are polite as it is unlikely at that price point that they keep repair parts for them probably only incan light modules and maybe the light tube attachment

cityevader

Enlightened
I just realized, duh, that I only need a rubber cap, not the switch. Hopefully i can measure inside its groove well enough.

It took quite some digging to get the staked aluminum switch out...at least there are two more NIB 1920's in my toolbox...and four with bad tailcaps.