• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I never see optix in Alephs... why?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have NEVER seen an optic of ANY sort found inside an Aleph. Is it because the reflectors are better?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pianoman said:
Physics 101-a

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Physics regulated or unregulated? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Cuz Don can be veery stubborn, and really likes his "spill." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Which is better is like Ford vs Chevy. (I drive a Dodge V8 Dak.) Both manage photons, and the execution of both can range from squat to magnificent. My Aleph 3 is definately on the magnificent side, but suffers from a size problem for my EDC requirements. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif -->Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey,

I drive a V8 Dak too. I have a quad cab. My next one is going to be a regular cab V8. I'm gonna go turn it into a Lightning killer.

Sorry, off topic.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Mine's a Y2K reg cab, 4.7 and stock except for some lighting Upgrades. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Love it! If they ever put the 5.7 in it, I'll have to get a new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Ram, but I couldn't afford the petrol for it. Now I've got a Crown Vic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But anyway, I think all of my good LED lights use reflectors. Except the SMD from Lambda, anyway. .

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
I never see optix in Alephs... why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, aside from the truth spoken by that *Larry* fellah, it's 'cause I can design and get reflectors made but optics are well beyond my scope. Some day I expect we will see an optic "group" that will allow for a single and unified beam that will have an adjustable beam angle. At that point, I would be willing to forego the combination of columated/ spill beams.

If I felt there were an aftermarket optic, available that was in need of a host and worthy of consideration, I would be inclined to take a look at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I think the easy answer is that the Aleph system was designed for the purpose-built reflectors that they come with. If somebody made an optic that would drop right in there, then there's no stopping anybody from doing just that!

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK my 2 cents...I have a few lights with optics and while they work for thier designed purpose, the Aleph reflectors are IMHO by far superior! PBAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif