I want to buy a rechargable light...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am debating very hard weather or not to by a rechargable surefire, a6p and make it rechargeable. (im not real sure i want to do this because light output and battery life suffers compared to an e2 or 6p) or one of the stinger series. It sure sounds like you get alot more bang for buck with stingers. I would be using for general around the house duties. nothing special BUT since i am used to the output of the 60 lumen e2 i want something that is comparable to that in terms of light output. I know that the beam quality is not as good with the streamlights but that is ok with me.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Look at this post of mine. It has beam pics of the G2 with the rechargeable conversion kit (comparable to the 6P with the recharge kit), vs. my brand new E2e.
Beam pics.

It is brighter (BTW the G2 has a P60 lamp in it).

Eric

K-T

*Moderator*
Hi,
have you considered maybe getting an 8NX? It sells aroung 122$ which is compared to a G2 (45$) + KR-1 (57$) nearly the same since the 8NX has a second B90 (16$) and way more punch. Just wondering
wink.gif

Klaus.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

No more using the 123's as backup though. And LA's cant be swapped either. I like the compatability with the other SF lights that the G2 offers.

Eric

K-T

*Moderator*
Not being able to choose between B65 and/or 123A is a true argument, but the LA swaping thing? The only reason you would swap LA's is for using the P60 or P61 depending on the needed light. The P61 only runs for about 12 min. on less than 120 lm, now compare that to the 110lm you get for ~40min. out of the 8NX (and carrying a spare B90 is not more effort than carrying two 123A's). And since he wants to use it "around the house" the "backup" argument sounds completely different than if he would use it as a LEO.
But on the other hand, not everybody likes the 8-series.
Klaus.

bwcaw

Enlightened
If you get a stinger don't take it out in the rain, it will fill up with water faster than the back row seats in a Baptist church! I had one and it did just that. I now have an 8ax surefire on order and i gave the stinger to my grandma.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Crap, if you are gonna get the 8x, you might as well spring for the 9
tongue.gif

Eric

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking at rechargeables lately and it seems for the money that the Streamlight UltraStinger is the way to go. $80 for one with the AC charger, very long throw (some say tighter & farther than M6!). Focusable so you can set the beam to flood indoors. Sounds like the way to go if you want a bright light and don't mind the size.

Lithium Surefires are great but for a rechargeable I think I would get a Streamlight.
scatter.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
5by5 has an 8ax surefire+ac\dc charger +holster+2spare x80 la's for $170 in the trading post section for sale.You would be hard pressed to find a better deal than that on a recargeable flashlight!