I want to have a torch which I can dim from Low to High continually

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
Hallo., I am searching for a torch which I can dim continually from LOW output to High output.I want to use this torch for outdoor photography.
Especially for mushroom and flowers in woodland and field, especially macro photography.I want to use the torch instead of photo flash.
I want to illuminate my mushrooms and Flowers.
The torch shall be a Flooder below 135 Dollar.
Thanks for your advice, Ernst!:)

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened
You may want to have a look at the Sunwayman V60C.

sunwayman V60C

Don't know how "floody" it is. Nor do I know whether or not it has good CRI...

Perhaps someone else can provide you with more details.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

stienke

Enlightened
Sunwayman V10R/V11R , sent it to Vin for a emitter swap or to member *laser* in Germany , a Nichia 219 will do the job.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sorry, Norm. That link only showed the product (no prices) and to my knowledge you cannot actually purchase the flashlight from that site, so I thought it "OK" to link to it. My bad.
From the banner However links to Dealer's or Manufacturer's websites or other sellers outside of the CPF MarketPlace will NOT be permitted in this forum and such links stand to be removed by a moderator. it makes no mention of price or whether it is a sales site, your link falls right into the quote from the banner.

Norm

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened
From the banner However links to Dealer's or Manufacturer's websites or other sellers outside of the CPF MarketPlace will NOT be permitted in this forum and such links stand to be removed by a moderator. it makes no mention of price or whether it is a sales site, your link falls right into the quote from the banner.

Norm

I understand now. Sorry.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Hallo., I am searching for a torch which I can dim continually from LOW output to High output.I want to use this torch for outdoor photography.
Especially for mushroom and flowers in woodland and field, especially macro photography.I want to use the torch instead of photo flash.
I want to illuminate my mushrooms and Flowers.
The torch shall be a Flooder below 135 Dollar.
Thanks for your advice, Ernst!:)

Ernst - the Vinh modified Jetbeam RRT-01 with N219 I casually mentioned in your other thread costs $125 and seems to meet these needs.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?373447-WTS-V11Rvn-amp-RRT01-900-Lumen-Pocket-EDC

Note this is normally offered with one of two XML LED options but if you ask Vinh will likely do an N219 for same price (he did for me). OTF output is around 200lm for the N219 he says.

While single 219's are not terribly bright, this would likely do just fine for macro photography. And the 219 has the nicest tint of any high CRI LED I've seen. The 219 is a pretty small LED though so won't be as floody as the XML. You could ask him about a high cri XML2 though - while I personally don't like that warm a tint (3200-3700K), you can always set your WB accordingly and then you get the big floody LED with a LOT more lumens.

mikemild13

Newly Enlightened
Some of EagleTac's lights have a very simple UI for changing the brightness level, just twist the head. They also have diffuser available as accessories. Take a look at the G25C2 MKII. There are quite a few youtube videos that show the light and accessories.