I wanted to see if I could cook an egg on the ThruNite TN40

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
So I couldn't cook an egg due to the stepdown feature. The glass actually stays quite cool. Heck of a thrower.

ven

Flashaholic
Str8stroke;4927558. Fun stuff. thanks.[/QUOTE said:
+1 for sure!

My q70 could cook an egg from a foot away.......no joke! mmmmmmmm where is the bacon too:D Full engflash breakfast....

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Yo man, thanks for checking in my channel today! LOL! youtube/light world is small! I did the same with the TN36-UT!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "problem" is that an LED thrower(or a reflector light) does not focuses the light and energy at such a short distance. But a flood light can do! My Olight SR mini is my first LED light which is actually burning hot when I hold my hand directly in front of the lens at turbo and even high mode. The thrower SR52UT does not become hot, however.

Last edited:

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
The "problem" is that an LED thrower(or a reflector light) does not focuses the light and energy at such a short distance. But a flood light can do! My Olight SR mini is my first LED light which is actually burning hot when I hold my hand directly in front of the lens at turbo and even high mode. The thrower SR52UT does not become hot, however.

I tried the Thrunite TN36UT as you can see in the vid above, thrower light, doesn't work to fry the egg, oh well