Iditarod Mushers Headlamps?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here have any information on the headlamps used by the mushers in the Iditarod? They do not appear to be Xenon, and that would use a lot of batteries. On TV they seemed pretty bright.

Jerry

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Jerry, it's been awhile since I've seen your posts. Hope you've been well - I don't post much either.

Headlights continue to facinate me and some of the new entries look mondo. I'm still lunking along with an HL, 4D Hartford, and TopSpot.

Good luck to you, Man.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
Hey, Jerry, it's been awhile since I've seen your posts. Hope you've been well - I don't post much either.

Headlights continue to facinate me and some of the new entries look mondo. I'm still lunking along with an HL, 4D Hartford, and TopSpot.

Good luck to you, Man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jay,

I have not been lurking much. I have been fine. I recently bought a new computer, and have been having fun learning about the various security programs that seem to be necessary today. I haven't bought a light in awhile. I am behind in what is available now.

Maybe I can find a few bucks to buy something cheap or rather inexpensive and good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the reply, and I am going to be more diligent in my flashlight education. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I visited the Iditarod site, but found everything but information on headlamps.

Have a good evening. Stay well also.

Jerry

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your quick response, Jerry. Yeah, isn't it an unfortunate waste of time to have to protect one's self from nefarious internet hacks?

I share your appreciation of inexpensive lights. It's harder to score a good, cheap, light, that an expensive jewel. A cost-no-object light is little challenge, but a nice light on the cheap is more of an accomplishment.

Thanks for the well-wishes and BTW, I didn't buy any lights for the last three months. However, the Easter Bunny put a cheap LED Micro Lenser in my basket last week. At least I haven't required a 12 step program as yet.

Cheers, Jerry...be good.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the response.
I do not have a good headlamp, and have considered getting one.
Jerry