• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

If consider budget knife from China store, which brand you would choose?

Bard Light

Newly Enlightened
I have a Ganzo blade. I was extremely surprised at the build quality when I received it. The blade is centered, locks up well when open, and it is just very nicely finished all around. I definitely was expecting much less for the price ($20 shipped). Although I don't carry it as an EDC (mainly because the blade steel isn't that great and I have better options), it is a great knife for the price. I would recommend it to a beginner or someone looking for a cheap knife, or even get it as a gift for a friend.

akhyar

Enlightened
^ +1
For less than 20 bucks knives, I always recommends Ganzo, Enlan or SanRenMu to my non-knife friends.

RunnersLunge

Newly Enlightened
With all due respect I wouldn't chose any of them. As with most things you get what you pay for in safety, edge retention, etc.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no problem with Ganzo knives. I have no experience with the other brands. I can attest to their Fit & Finish and solid construction. They have all locked up bank vault solid, with blades that were dead centered. They all had even grinds and several came out of the box irresponsibly sharp. They seem to hold a Edge equal to other 440C blades I own. More than I can say for many of the large US manufactures knives I have bought. Many US manufactures sell knives made in China anyways for twice the price just to have their name on it!

So, as lots of folks like to say, IMHO: With All Due Respect, You DON'T always get what you pay for! Price is NOT always a guarantee of quality, craftsmanship or a insurance of safety! Lets use the Titanic as a example. They don't build them like they used to, now do they?

scout24

Flashaholic
Gearbest- I deleted your last post, it had a sales link directly to your website, and a video review that wasn't yours. While Youtube is public, you seemed to be using someone else's review to steer sales of a product you sell. There are places here for that, the open forum, to my knowledge, isn't it...

Driften

Newly Enlightened
The only low cost knives made in china I would look at are kershaw or ckrt ones. In China knives are made to a spec and unless its a company you trust the spec is normally very low when talking low priced knives. There are the couple of made in china higher end brands that have been given but $200 or more is not the class you were talking about.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of those companies make copies of other makers knives & companies, and I will NOT support that on any level.

RedneckBear

Newly Enlightened
Many persons posted Spyderco as their EDC. If consider budget knife from China store, which brand you would choose?

#1 Ganzo
#2 Sanrenmu
#3 CIMA
#4 Tekut
#5 Enlan
#6 HARNDS
#7 BOSIDUN
#8 SANJIA
.................(If others, you can post the brand under this thread)

PS: Though i am a rep of one dealer on CPF, this post is just for looking to hearing from all of you, not for advertisement. Hope it's ok to post here. If not, please let me know, thank you!

I'd get Ganzo any time. I've got 3 of them an the build quality as well as edge retention was very good.

I also had 1 Enlan but I didn't like it (harder to sharpen, at least for me, and with some wiggle. Could've been a problem of that very piece though.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the only made in China knives I would buy and/or trust are Spyderco and Byrd (same company, two product lines).

Since a lot of the QC is done in the United States, I don't know if a Chinese retailer would see any savings selling those two products. Also, I don't know if you would attempt to become or be able to become an authorized reseller, so there are chances that you could be selling me a fake, even if you carried them.