if i lose power how many months will my 18650s stay charged to 80%

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
N6PbvdU.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
While 18650 is a grey format I do like single AA lights for emergency. Can run off NIMH, L91 or even a AAA if needed.

Always good to have more than one cell format available because in a widespread disaster it may be hard to get certain types.
Not needed if you have excessive amounts of rechargeables already and a way to recharge them when needed.
I have over 60 18650 cells plus a dozen 20V tool batteries plus a half dozen 18650 based power banks. Comparing the power to AAs I probably have about 300 AAs or more at least.
The trick however is to have a charging solution. My last major power outage I recharged about 24 nimh AAs in my car not needing to dip into my alkaline stash. I used to have 2-3 dozen alkaline AAs now I keep about 4-8 alkaline AAs in case something won't work with nimh or Energizer lithiums and to put in things that I may break or lose that I can easily replace.

N/Apower

Enlightened
Just this year I completed my 15 year study/test.

TL/DR: 18650s will outlast the devices relevance that you have them in. I can literally think of nothing 15 years old that isnt, as an item, performing at the bottom 15% of the pack by now, that takes an 18650.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are talking months, something went terribly wrong and an ability to defend your family and your property will be way more important than batteries.

N/Apower

Enlightened
If you are talking months, something went terribly wrong and an ability to defend your family and your property will be way more important than batteries.
It's dark 50% of the time plus or minus, so batteries matter here, too. My PVS14 is powered by batteries. My MAWL. My WML. It's all battery powered. Heck, even my NX8 has a battery, although it can work without one of course.