if you became rich/wealthy, what would you do for the flashlight (or CPF) community?

Rudrakabir

Newly Enlightened
if you became rich/wealthy, what would you do for the flashlight (or CPF) com...

I would increase the availability of flashlights worldwide to 2nd and 3rd world developing countries that do not have much penetration by brands like surefire, 47s etc. in countries like India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Darvis

Enlightened
Re: if you became rich/wealthy, what would you do for the flashlight (or CPF) com...

Oveready, Malkoff, Peak, Vinh, Ronac- The list goes on.... As some have already said, I'd partner with these guys to fund some serious research. Some of the best stuff ever coming out of CPF from these Smaller shops. Long live the CPF members that have taken what they know and churned out some of the best lights we've ever seen!

I mean, I've been buying lights for a long time and have them all. Granted, I like me some Surefire, but I look at my list above and these are the THE only lights/parts I carry anymore, or even trust for that matter.

Can't think of a better place to sink my CPF dough.

Last edited:

ncbill

Newly Enlightened
Re: if you became rich/wealthy, what would you do for the flashlight (or CPF) com...

I'd develop an additive for alkaline batteries to make them leak-proof and would license it to all battery producers for $1/year.

Then I'd start work on developing Heinlein's "ShipStone."

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would that be a, Closet Flashaholic?

Touché haha

— Sent from my "not going to be released this century" iPad 62 'Quad' running iNOS (Apple's future neural interface OS) with the teleportation upgrade on Tapatalk 0.0.1.4 (beta) while Remote Desktop'd into Windows 98 SE.

ericjohn

Enlightened
I have thought of this before. I would hire some drafters and also buy measuring instruments. Then, I would try to get all of the blueprints of every discontinued flashlight that I miss. With the help of drafters and measuring instruments I would re create those lights but make them better. There are many industrial and outdoors flashlights from the 1990s that I terribly miss. I would also come up with adaptors to allow these lights to be brighter. One example would be a tube that would have the outside diameter to fit in a 2 AA PR-4 flashlight but the inside diameter to fit 3 123A batteries. The kit would also come with a PR-18 bulb. I use the PR model numbers loosely as the PR-18 would probably be the equivalent of a Mag-Num Star 6D bulb. With that in mind; I would use heat resistant reflectors, lenses and of course heat resistant polypropylene. There would still be a need for a heatsink, but I would also invite all of my fellow CPFers to come work with me and help solve that issue. Of course there would also need to be LED adaptor kits. My research, design and manufacturing facilities would all be HERE in the States. I would also hire and accommodate disabled workers.

The flashlights to bring back would be the old school Garritys 1980s-early 2000s, Bright Star 16xx series from the 1950s-60s, Eveready Industrials from the 1990s, (damnit they were just discontinued) Fortunately; there are still MANY Eveready Industrials available online and in stores that are NOS. I would also make simple, but robust, tactical and medical flashlights in both LED and incandescent models. The incandescent models would be simple using a simple and widely available PR or Bi-Pin (Mini Maglite compatible) bulbs. Research for bright and efficient explosion proof models would be a top priority. Finally; I would make improvements on brakemen's lanterns. With the help of others I would come up with more diverse portable lighting instruments for railroad workers.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got better hiding places for the good ones. :thumbsup:
haha but no one's gonna think, "he must be hiding valuables in that trash can" if they're passing through (hopefully they won't take the trash out). lol
Nothing. Many far more worthy and/or urgent causes that sorely need funding.

awww. but if you're wealthy then you've inevitably got some disposable income for 'personal interests' :)

Rexlion

Enlightened
I'd start a new flashlight company, produce wonderful lights, and sell them to the community.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I'd create a company to put out high-output tank-lights for the common man.

Put it on your bike, your car ... on your tri-cycle ... you know ....

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I'd do anything except buy the Night Sword HID light with an offer that get-lit couldn't refuse. I apologize but I had to laugh at this question, it's kind of worded as if flashlights shortages are on par with world hunger lol

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
(deleted)

now where else did I leave a pile last night lol

:banghead:

Last edited:

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
I would buy Fenix and Nitecore and make a Tk70 head with a Tk75 body and a TM15/26 UI and charge port. I have all of those and after using them thats what I think would the best of each combined into one.

Last edited: