If you can only have ONE light, what will it be?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
SureFire AZ2 CombatLight!

It´s a SureFire, it has two levels of light, high level is what it is due to runtime/size factor, and the UI is my favorite!

JCD

Enlightened
Of the lights I currently own, I'd have to go with a SureFire C3. It's a reasonably powerful incan that can take primary or secondary cells in its stock form. I'd probably have to choose practicality over aesthetics, and go with the more durable HA version.

If I owned an incan A2, I might have to choose that over the C3.

xoomercom

Newly Enlightened
Only one light... If cost was no issue, there is only one choice: SPY Tri-V.
It's a work of art, as well as being 3 lights in one. Sadly I doubt I'll ever have the spare change to buy one :sigh:

I just read a whole bunch of posts about this sucker and I can only say WOW. Too bad that I won't be buying one until I hit the lotto. Very original stuff and great qualit though

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 light is never enough. 1 is none 2 is 1 allways carry a backup light. I usually carry my 4Sevens Quark 2CR123 Turbo/Mc Gizmo PD and a Inova Inforce White or my NiteCore Smart PD D20.

Ian2381

Enlightened
It got to be my Titanium MiNi AA.

I need something that I can carry in the pocket that is not that bulky and still has useful amount of light.:grin2:

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Goatee,

I happen to have a 170+ in my pocket.

It is good for finding a route after dark. Keep it on 0.3 until you need to see along a ridge or into a canyon - then burst to light up the mountainside.

Henry.

AEHaas

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight 2xAA light - Javelin

Battery type 2xAA (Alkaline, Ni-Mh) or 3xAA with extension tube
Lock out function achieved by loosening the body
Mode memory function
Upgradeable
Forward clicky
HA III hard anodized finish
Tail standing capability (standard), tactical tailcap optional
Anti-roll design
Constructed of aircraft grade aluminum
Waterproof to IPX-8 standard

aehaas

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose the closet multi-clicker in me has finally taken over because I would normally NOT pick a multi-click light, but for just one light, it would be a toss-up between the HDS clicky or a McGizmo Haiku XP-G.

The Haiku has the better overall beam, but the HDS has a greater range in output and configurability.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
Ra Ra Ra! :twothumbs 1st place! :bow:
2nd place would be my one and only Muyshondt Ti Nautilus. :bow: (Too bad I found out about this outstanding design before I could get the aluminum version. If I had a couple of the aluminums it would be a real battle between first and second choice. Ah well.)
3rd place is SF Saint Minimus. (The few times I used a headlamp, they are hands down <snicker, chortle> BETTER when indoors. Never had to use one outdoors yet. That having been said, I don't edc a headlamp. A single battery CR!@#A ... uuhhh sorry, didn't mean to cuss, just forgot to take my finger off the shift key, ;) A single battery CR123A handheld flashlight is my edc of choice.)

MWClint

Enlightened
My Peak Pacific AA modded with High CRI, Madmax+,McR16s, 2-mode tailswitch, sapphire glass, brass head, brass switch, HAIII body.

It was my first EDC light and it has morphed into my perfect EDC.

Lord Bear

Enlightened
I've gone through this whole thread. :tired: Could we just declare Sir Henry the winner and have done with it? (Just kidding folks. Wouldn't DREAM of denying all of youse with other opinions. Although IMHO, HDS/Ra is the clear winner. SO far. Of course YMMV.)