If you could only have one flashlight...

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: If you could only own 1 flashlight for the rest of your life.....

Thanks for all the replies so far

tgwnn

fishx65

Enlightened

Bored 6P with a very durable 3 mode XML. The 3 mode Manafont/Ultrafire XML module is perfect but I've only had it for a year so I have no idea how durable it will be over time. To me, this module has the perfect mix of spot and spill, modes are well spaced and it's a real barn burner on high.

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened

It would be my Surefire E2DL. It is 1 of the 8 Surefires I own, but it was my first serious flashlight, and still feels like the most rugged and dependable. It's 120 lumens (more like 150) was impressive 5 years ago when I got it, and still is just about all the light I need for any given situation. I really like high mode first, especially in a "self-defense" light, and the form factor is perfect for my hand. Give me a few hundred CR123 batteries, maybe a few spare o-rings, and my E2DL, and I'd be pretty set for life.

goliteman

Newly Enlightened

A Surefire LX2, but then I've only had mine a couple of days maybe it's blinding me to others but I love it!

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc AAA- the past history of abuse from many is an indicator that it will hold a future history.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of the lights I own, my HDS high CRI Executive Clicky.

--flatline

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened

Man that is a hard question............
I think that I would take a Quark 123x2 turbo X:whistle: Because it fills a lot of rolls and I love the light and never expect to have a problem with it:naughty:

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fenix LD01

I love lots of other features, warmer tints, longer runtimes, etc, etc. But, if I had to have one, it's the one always on my keychain, and the only one I, in all practicality, will ever _need_.

Richub

Enlightened

Can't really choose, but the Fenix TK15, TK41 and LD40 come to mind first.

Thinking as I write this, I think it'll be the LD40.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: If you could only own 1 flashlight.....

There are many threads asking basically the same question, I've merged "If you could only own 1 flashlight for the rest of your life....." with "If you could only have one flashlight..." - Norm

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: If you could only own 1 flashlight.....

HDS Rotary or Clicky, high CRI preferred

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

I'm starting to dread beating the Surefire drum on this forum but it would have to be an LED Surefire. I've had almost literally any other commercial flashlight go bad on me. And as per gsr, above, an E1B is an excellent choice.
The E1L/E1B immediately came to mind but for an only light, I'd have to have a modded one for much more flood. Love my E-series, but the best one for me is my wide pattern XP-G modded E1L.

Great choice, but...
Of the lights I own, my HDS high CRI Executive Clicky.

--flatline
Difficult choice but it would be the same for me.
Very wide range of ouput levels which you can select yourself
Four levels immediately available.
Ability to choose which level the light comes on at.
Momentary or turn-on, selectable simply by the length of time of the button hold.
Bulletproof construction.
Quiet operation.

Still I could have chosen...
Fenix LD01

I love lots of other features, warmer tints, longer runtimes, etc, etc. But, if I had to have one, it's the one always on my keychain, and the only one I, in all practicality, will ever _need_.
My first thought actually went to my first proper CPF approved light, the classic L0D, and the only thing keeping me from being able to make that choice (other than the existence of the Clicky) is the complete lack of low.

My old natural L0D with an actual low level, especially if it was the first level to come on, and high CRI XP-G could easily be my one light. Very tough, clean, comfortable design lines and super easy to use.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I own or have owned, probably my newest. I recently received a Peak Logan 17500, with QTC and momentary.
Small enough, bright enough runs on many popular sized batteries, variable brightness, nearly bullet proof... if only it was a neutral LED.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened

I'm having trouble with this one, I tend to use the Zebralight headlamps the most, and they are the most flexable in terms of use for me, My Quark AA is the most convenient to carry (deep pocket clip) with me at all times. I have an origional 6P surefire with an XM-L Thrunite drop-in that is just about prefect for my needs also.
Thank goodness I really don't have to choose...

bezel

Newly Enlightened
answer to the op question: E2DL
answer to tgwnn's question: E2DL

small enough to pocket carry, large enough to fit the hand well, light
the two levels are about perfect and simple UI, long runtime if you need it
add F04 and you have a light with excellent throw and flood (great for reading in low)
clips onto hat and fits common headbands for headlamp mode & tailstands
uses unprotected 17670 (ultrafire) and cr123s interchangeably
durable, reliable, light, bright, and just looks/feels cool

edc same E2DL for about 4 years and suspect it will be a long time before that changes. have used a z61 most of the time but would use the original tailcap if no repairs/replacements were allowed for life. i suspect that when the clicky finally wears out, one would have a good chance getting it stuck in the 'on' position one last time for use as a twisty...

bezel

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting question . . . .

I would choose my 4Sevens Quark AAx2 Tactical, fitted with a "normal" tailcap, so it can tailstand.

Mine has a Cree XP-G R4 emitter, in a lovely Neutral-White tint. Beautiful beam. Great performer.

Really love the wide selection of brightness modes on this flashlight. Good work, David & crew ! :goodjob:

Oh, i would also get their Deep-Pocket-Carry Clip, which i currently do NOT have.

I'm 58 years old, and am quite confident i could live with just this ONE flashlight forever more.

:thumbsup:

trevordurden

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD10. Hopefully with a future emitter Cree's going to invent in 5 years where I can get 800 lumens out of a single AA battery.