Imägo Metrics Gladius "review"

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Imägo Metrics Gladius \"review\"

Aten's got a new review up. It's of the Gladius.

The review is a typical Imägo Metrics piece, but the pictures are quite outstanding. If anything, he takes good photographs.

Does AltaVista have a Aten Imägo to English translator?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Imägo Metrics Gladius \"review\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Nice find, WallaceD.

What can I say? You would think with such a professional web reviewer as Aten he would use something more important looking for a test target than a lowly trash bag.

I tried BabbleFish but I couldn't find the option for Aten to English. I wish I was smart enough to understand what Aten was saying.

Aten, uh, nice pictures. It sure looks like a nice light.

pbarrette

Enlightened

Well,

Regarding the trash bag. Try right-clicking on those images and selecting "properties." Note the image name and location. Then do the same for any of the other reviews which also feature the trash bag images.

All the reviews use exactly the same, Photoshop "simulated" image. A simulated image would be acceptable at times, but not when it's the exact same simulated image for, say, the "Nuwai 0.5W" and the "TnC HyperLux V".

Damned good photos.. Very little usable content. Highly suspect beam throw information.

pb

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I think Aten is on a learning curve here but I do think he is learning! The review of the Gladius is the most "professional" review of a light I have read to date but admittedly, I have not read *that* many reviews. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif If he continues on in the direction he is going, I believe at some point, he will establish some type of industry accepted reference or standard upon which the industry will access and possibly rely on. Having a consistancy in criteria for review as well as presumed objectivity in evaluation will serve him well.I also suspect that as he becomes more familiar with the art, he may rely less on fancy and contrived words and descriptions. If the intent is to actually communicate, perhaps the language will become more universal in context and recognition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I can only hope that as his credibility increases (if it does) that his knowledge and accuracy improve as well. I believe there is some real potential here and for everyone's sake hope that it will be well used and not abused. We can only hope that "experts", are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

scudinc

Enlightened

I don't find his reviews difficult to comprehend. It's stomaching the pretentiousness that's difficult for me. Nice pics.

Longbow

Enlightened

Agreed, the pretentious prose is hard to stomach, but his reviews contain as much, or more usable content than other reviewers. The addition of input/output and runtime graphs would make him #1!

TimAckerman

Newly Enlightened

Good review, it provides lots of techinical and useful information.

I am really looking forward to this product, it should be awesome!