I'm new.. Recommend a good thrower, but small enough to fit comfortably in my hand.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this game, I bought a led lenser f1 today for my job, and I can't stop looking at flashlights, think I might be hooked. The f1 doesn't have much distance, it does but it's not very tight very far. I'd like a compact light that holds a tight circle at a great distance. For under sixty dollars also. So any recommendations would be awesome.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Just that, I want a small durable light, that keeps a tight beam at a long distance. Preferably under sixty dollars.

Lomandor

Enlightened
T45Cvn

Vin does some great brand new modded flashlights for not much more than the price of retail. For the size and throw, this is a monster. + simple UI. Press - on, press hold - cycle from high, med and low, double click - strobe. The mod includes replacing the factory emitter with a de-domed 6500K XM-L2 on a copper sink pad, and a current boost to 3.8A (I think around 1350lm). Awesome throw for size with a beautiful neutral tint.

Ok, I know it's a bit more than $60 but you will probably save a lot in the long run since you probably won't feel the need to upgrade for a while.

Last edited:

LEDburn

Enlightened
Armytek Predator? I would almost say with certainty that you will not find a light its size or price that throws as far unless it has been modified or custom built.

They are doing a halloween special that gives 25% off at the moment too ;)

I have owned several LL's (now I think they're overpriced garbage) and not one of them would touch the Predator.
Of the M1, M5, P3, P5, P6, P7, T7, P14 and P17, I would say the P17 came the closest in terms of throw but in terms of what is lit up, the Predator still absolutely destroys it.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a light that can throw and fit clipped to the inside of your front pants pocket for EDC.

Eagletac TX25C2
1000 lumens
20,000 lux

TX25C2032.jpg

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore EA4.

Is the EA4 better than the fenix E40? I like the looks of the ea, and the size compared to the 40. But all I've heard about the 40 is the throwing capability. Any idea of which two are better?

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
I really like the looks and design of the nitecore EA4, it has good reviews. But the fenix E40 reviews boast about its throwing capabilities, and that's what I want, a compact light designed to throw light deeep. Either of these two lights are possible candidates for me, I'm just curious if anyone has experience with either of the two, and which is better..

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I'm new.. Recommend a good thrower, but small enough to fit comfortably in my...

E40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
T45Cvn

Vin does some great brand new modded flashlights for not much more than the price of retail. For the size and throw, this is a monster. + simple UI. Press - on, press hold - cycle from high, med and low, double click - strobe. The mod includes replacing the factory emitter with a de-domed 6500K XM-L2 on a copper sink pad, and a current boost to 3.8A (I think around 1350lm). Awesome throw for size with a beautiful neutral tint.

Ok, I know it's a bit more than $60 but you will probably save a lot in the long run since you probably won't feel the need to upgrade for a while.

I didn't understand most of that to be honest. Who makes the light your talking about, and who mods them? When can I get one

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I'm new.. Recommend a good thrower, but small enough to fit comfortably in my...

Nitecore mt21a is $30 bucks and holds a tight beam 200m (manufacturers claim) and it's 260 lumens. I like it a lot for the money. Maybe you could buy one for now and then upgrade again in a few weeks or so?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Re: I'm new.. Recommend a good thrower, but small enough to fit comfortably in my...

That's always an option. I don't know what it is, but I want a flashlight for every purpose now. One that throws very far, a light that is mainly a flood light, a light that has both. I'm sure I will acquire quite a few of lights..

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sunwayman D40A

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce host with vinh XP-E2 drop in, or if you can stretch the budget a little, Armytek Predator 2.5

archimedes

Flashaholic
Recommend a good thrower, but small enough to fit comfortably in my hand.

What is vinh, I've seen that term a couple of times

There is a member here, vinhnguyen54, who builds and modifies flashlights .... He also has his own sub-forum, too, now :thumbsup: