• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]Imalent R90TS King Of Stupid Throwers! :laughing:[/h]
Who already has an Imalent R90C has no reason to buy an R90TS. It only brings disadvantages. Both lights are throwers and but have the same throw: 1679m vs 1750m. The eye is unable to see the difference.

But let's see the other disadvantages of the R90TS:

• The extra lumens of the R90TS go just to increase the spill but also create a wall of light on the short distance that dazzles the eye.
• It is bulkier and heavier than the R90C
• The R90TS, despite its fan, heats up faster and much more
• The fan makes a terrible noise but is not effective that much.
• The R90TS suffers from annoying condensation on the glass.
• Doubling batteries does not increase runtime due to doubling lumens. R90C has only real 15000Lm.
• The price of the R90TS is double that of the R90C.

If both lights are throwers, why double the output to get the same throw?
The R90C reaches its throw thanks to the deep reflectors of the nine LEDs whereas the R90TS reaches its throw only thanks to the brute force of the huge output. It is not very smart to create a flashlight that has the same performance as the previous one but with all the problems associated with a huge output.
The R90TS is a flashlight created for people that are impressed above all by the number of lumens.
In the R90TS, to make room for further 9 LEDs, the reflectors have been greatly reduced, thus losing a lot of throw, which has been recovered by doubling the lumens. It is a nonsense.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:
... ...
... ...It is a nonsense.
I have bought 26 lights from Vinh in four and a half years. There are another hundred that I wanted to buy from Vinh, but I did not. I should search their old topic threads and post a list of reasons why I didn't.

I took a two year break without buying any lights from June 2017 to July 2019. Because nothing came along to surpass the awesome X65. Finally, after two years of waiting for the next big thing, I bought another light. Which one? The R90TS, from Vinh. Because it was the first light to surpass the X65. Because Vinh said he liked the build quality. Because it has 36,000 lumens and 1750 meters throw, both at the same time, in the same light. How exciting!

I never did buy the R90C, but I will not list the reasons why I did not buy it.