In hosoital

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the other party is long gone never even asked if I was ok. I don't recall even what they was driving

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the other party is long gone never even asked if I was ok. I don't recall even what they was driving

Was there a police report? If they were called they should have filled one out.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Was there a police report? If they were called they should have filled one out.

I just recall trying to put back pack back on had no luck wasn't able to put right arm down. walked bike all the way home then called 911. a fire truck came then a ambulance and they took me to er. glasses fell of somewhere

raggie33

*the raggedier*
That sucks. Was it a hit and run?
the way I recall it yes. but I think I had a b ad reaction to the knock out gas. I kind of recall freaking out a bit I recall like 5 or er people in the room with me.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask the police if someone reported it or if are they investigating it as a hit and run.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie if it was a hit and run, you might be able to get your medical bills covered if your state has a insurance fund that covers hit and run. It's probably a good idea to consult a lawyer about what you need to do. Many lawyers will give you a quick phone consult at no cost.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry that happened to you raggie33. My wife and I will pray for you. Please wait about putting yourself in a assisted living facility. I'm ignorant about stuff like that, but my fear would be that if you prematurely give up your freedom and independence it might be difficult to get it back. When my wife took a year and a half vacation from me after her surgery from an auto accident the church folks where I went to church cared about me. Had a nice older lady bring me cooked meals. That homemade chicken pot pie was delicious. You may not want to go that route, but some churches even have a fund to help people that need it. There is no obligation either. Please don't give up on yourself. I have faith that you can bounce back.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Sorry that happened to you raggie33. My wife and I will pray for you. Please wait about putting yourself in a assisted living facility. I'm ignorant about stuff like that, but my fear would be that if you prematurely give up your freedom and independence it might be difficult to get it back.
+1000 on that. A little over 3 years ago my mother was in one of those places for rehab for about 2.5 months. Some people were there in custodial care long term. Such a depressing place to even visit one or twice a week. I felt sorry for the people who were permanent residents. I'll blow my brains out before I'd go to one of those places. They're basically like penal institutions for old people, complete with lousy food.

This injury sounds like something which should heal completely in time, so even less reason to think of going into assisted living. IIRC raggie33 is ~50 years old, 8 years younger than me. Way too young to even think of assisted living.

There is a chance surveillance footage of the incident exists. Tell the police about it so they can look for it. If they can find the responsible vehicle, you have a great lawsuit.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with jtr1962. Lots of good advice on here. On that age thing raggie33, I'll be 56 this year and bykfixer is 57 and jtr1962 is 58. No telling how many more people on here are older than you. You might wind up being the youngster of the bunch. :)

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with jtr1962. Lots of good advice on here. On that age thing raggie33, I'll be 56 this year and bykfixer is 57 and jtr1962 is 58. No telling how many more people on here are older than you. You might wind up being the youngster of the bunch. :)

With all of us old fuds on here, this could be a virtual old age home!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for the kindest everyone do you think one of them lazy boy chairs will help me/??? I can't get out of bed with out servers pain from my rib or shoulder

Poppy

Flashaholic
raggie,
I think you'll just have to suck it up. By the time the lazy boy chair is delivered, the pain will have subsided to the point that you will want to sleep in a bed, instead of a chair.
Then you can use the money that you would have spent on the chair, and buy yourself some steaks.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

At least it's still cooler out, not terrible hot.
Healing up a bit & resting will be tons easier if it's cooler.

Maybe next week raggie, you'll start a thread on efficiency of high Amp 21700s' vs high mAh 21700s' or somethin' like that..:)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Shoulder was fractured to butat this time I'm going home again

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought you were already home raggie33. Did you have to go back into the hospital?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I thought you were already home raggie33. Did you have to go back into the hospital?
nah was at some other kind of dr. I was terrified id have to get surgery but she gave me muscle relaxers and more pain pills I do admit I don't understand how a feature break can heal with no cast

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Raggie,

I am just catching up and find out you got smashed and ended up in the hospital. What a bummer.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers hoping you find your way to perfect health quickly.

Tom