In hosoital

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a couple women out jogging wearing vests with some sort of LED light arrays that flashed and changed colors in patterns - kinda reminded me of the bill board mega screens in time square. No way a driver couldn't see them from a mile away.

At work I witnessed a fellow get hit by a suv. It hit him so hard that it threw his tied boot around 50 foot. He was wearing all black including his boots. He gained consciousness and thought he just fell. He couldn't believe he was hit. I called the paramedics first and then talked to him. Had him stay down and not move. He wanted me to give him his boot so he could go. He was obviously in shock and probably bleeding internally. This happened at night. It is good to stay visible in traffic.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found out later that particular fellow was also somewhat intoxicated. He died later on. I was surprised it didn't kill him instantly as hard as he was hit. I think the driver didn't see him till they were upon him and they got scared and ran. All I know was it was a dark suv- maybe full sized, but I might be completely wrong.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
arm still aint 100 percent i will forget and use it to carry something since its my domanate hand and the pain will come quickly. but so much better then the first 3 weeks or so. i trully thought about suicide at first every part of my body was damaged. . ps the other day a asshole in a semi passed me very very close on my bike it was hard to stay between the truck and the curb. the guy does it all the time. its one of are chicken trucks .one day im going to catch him at a redlight. im going to be calm and explain to him how he coukd harm me which he wont care about. but then ill explain ill get him fired

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
arm still aint 100 percent i will forget and use it to carry something since its my domanate hand and the pain will come quickly. but so much better then the first 3 weeks or so. i trully thought about suicide at first every part of my body was damaged. . ps the other day a asshole in a semi passed me very very close on my bike it was hard to stay between the truck and the curb. the guy does it all the time. its one of are chicken trucks .one day im going to catch him at a redlight. im going to be calm and explain to him how he coukd harm me which he wont care about. but then ill explain ill get him fired
Time heals, Raggie. That's why we told you to stand your ground and not give in.

As for the semi driver assclown... Don't try and catch him, just report him to his company. If you explain that you could fire him, he could very well see it as a threat and make an actual move against you.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Time heals, Raggie. That's why we told you to stand your ground and not give in.

As for the semi driver assclown... Don't try and catch him, just report him to his company. If you explain that you could fire him, he could very well see it as a threat and make an actual move against you.

i tried to google who owns the trucks but had no luck no names on the truck. these chicken trucks are all over. they say this is the poultry capital of the world. ps if you see these trucks you will never eat chicekn again lol. smells like feces and urine imagine a flat bed semi with huges cages full of chickens. i was just going to call the police but wasnt sure it would help.

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
ah, come on raggie...

hes just playin "chicken" with ya.

LOLz

ps the other day a asshole in a semi passed me very very close on my bike it was hard to stay between the truck and the curb. the guy does it all the time. its one of are chicken trucks .one day im going to catch him at a redlight. im going to be calm and explain to him how he coukd harm me which he wont care about. but then ill explain ill get him fired

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
i hope this link works the reason i wont eat the chickens is the bird on top pee and poop and it goes on the ones below https://www.cbs46.com/news/tractor-...cle_a30392b0-8fb4-11e9-b5ae-c37aec452ad3.html
IIRC, there was a study done about 30 years ago where they set three cages atop of each other.

The top cage chickens were fed grain.
The middle cage chickens ate the above chicken's droppings.
The bottom cage chickens ate the droppings of the middle cage chickens.

The results? The middle cage chickens were the healthiest.

The explanation is that they were eating partially digested food and were better able to extract the nutrients from it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My dad would never eat chicken. One year when I lived in another state and visited in the hospital he said "they haven't fed me for three days". I went to the nurse station to enquire. The nurse assured me they brought him meals but he refused to eat. I said "you didn't feed him chicken, did you?" She replied "as a matter of fact we did"……
Shortly after my brother arrived with Arbys food saying "dad hasn't eaten in 3 days because they keep bringing him chicken or eggs".

I asked him one day why he wouldn't eat chicken. He said "if you've ever seen what a chicken eats you wouldn't either". I said "but you eat pig dad"……he said "we didn't have pigs on the farm so I've never seen what they eat".

I think it was almost a year before my dislocated shoulder stopped bothering me. I was in my late 30's when it happened. Tendons take a long time to heal. The older we get the longer it takes. They are like rubber bands in that as time passes they become less elastic so the older the rubber band the easier it can tear.

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sucks to be hurt im now behind on my bills . hope to sell my xbox one on craigs list

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just remember raggie,, this one thread has nearly 10 pages of people who care about you.

...there are members who never get 10 pages of responses' in their entire time in CPF

Cheers from us all !!:lovecpf:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Very true ps I'm lucky like 2 or 3 days ago I was trying to fold my treadmil!!. Well I must of done it wrong because I heard a weird noise from shoulder and was in big pain but I took Aleve and next day all was ok.