In the USA is it legal to cuss out a cop?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I want angry it was just a question. For real àre my post this confusing lol .I seldem get angry unless I see someone get harmed harm me just laugh it off lol. For real I'm afraid to post anymore if this is how much I confused others lol.im sure it's my fought
It was a yes or no question in my mind.
Everybody who read anything else into it did just that... read some intent or whatever, but be that as it may there is a dialogue started anyway.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
This is why I seldem talk you humans. Some mistake me for a human. I may look human and I'm kind of a human but dumber and way more ugly. I'm kind of like Adam sandler but even I am not that dumb...for real the stray cats are my only friends.it isn't all bad.i don't get invited to weddings or as I call predivroces

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well call me mistaken about raggieś reasoning for this thread. There is research that claims people feel better after they curse/cuss. Others believe that a person who maintains a cussing mindset is primarily propagating anger and disappointment in life and others.

Thanks to DRW for his 1st person perspective and thoughtful point of view.

Since I am avoiding raggieś thread about shining flashlights at a ¨moron¨ (out of anger or pleasure?) I will post here that while the sound of mufflerless machines is indeed annoying, can not help wondering how many of the raggie neighbors are annoyed at the congregation of feral cats (maybe raccoon?) that he is encouraging to stick around. Are they breeding, multiplying the suffering? Compassion is admirable but can complicate neighbor relations.

Those leaf blowers that sound so loud? Turns out if dogs and cats are defecating out and about, and the product is degrading on site, the very small particles that contain pathogens in the feces can get blown into the air and cause disease when inhaled by us. Ouch, talk about wanting to cuss.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Anyone know how to delete threads and post I'd like to delete all of mine.if they cause all this chaos . It isn't fair to the rest of you all .

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's ok raggie, this is not chaos, it is humanity. You go off on these tangents and we play around with it, sometimes getting a bit over the edge. We are all messed up in one way or more. Let your posts be. One opinion.

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I don't call anyone in LE "sir." Officer works. Some are corrupt POS, others well-adjusted. Just remember: there are more psychopaths in LE than in the population in general. Some have power and control issues. Some were bullied growing up, want to get even and don't care who they take it out on. If I am in a dark or isolated area I keep going until things are safer. Some weirdos pose as LE or you might be in danger from an actual LEO who is a bad seed. I know people in LE who are embarrassed or horrified by some of their coworkers. Usually it is best to just keep your mouth shut. Asking, "Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go?" is nice. When they come up with non sequiturs, repeat the question until you get a real answer. Then bail if you're free to go. Better to get back to the stuff you need to do than waste your time with someone trying to waste your time or screw you or both.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I think it is for the best if I delete most of them. I'd hate to give anyone grief . I prefere to give others happiness

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ps I vaguely recall I was told to be careful what I post I forgot about it. Getting old sucks well . I'm banning my self for the good of the forum. All most made it 20 years . I no longer contribute valle post . So. See you all latterrr

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
200.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Please note I don't do this it isn't my style they have a hard job so I treat them with kindness and respect .but I always wondered if was legal to cuss them out? Becuzse I'm met a few cops who didn't deserve respect . But I just said yes sir and no sir wished them well but was thinking to self what a jerk
Yes, it's legal to do so. You can even flip them off. Just as long as you don't make any physical contact with one, whatsoever. If you do, they're going to arrest you. Not exactly sure what you'll be charged with. But ANY type of touch or physical contact is illegal. And yes, spitting on an officer counts as touching.

Also, if an officer tells you to move on after you've cussed him out. DO IT! And, do it immediately. Otherwise he can definitely arrest you for that.

Several years back, had a run-in with a young NYPD officer near a barricade. Was having a conversation with a middle-aged Black man who asked me which streets were open. This was on December 31st, late in the morning. Was telling him to avoid a certain street, even though it was open; due to a particularly obnoxious NYPD detective with a chip on his shoulder. As I described the detective, the young, uniformed officer angerly butted in. He was upset that I had described the detective as a Black man, instead of as African-American. The young officer, happened to be White. Keep in mind, the middle-aged Black man I had been speaking to, didn't get offended one bit.

I cussed that particular young officer out. He deserved it. Absolutely. Basically told him he was a miserable disgrace to that uniform, and how he shouldn't treat it like a late-year Halloween costume. How he should carry himself in a professional manner, with some dignity and pride. Yeah, I was born with a serpent's tongue. I choose not to use it 99.9% of the time. But I can cut someone down on the spot if they deserve it. He deserved it. After awhile, he told me to just move along. I told him that was the first intelligent thing he had said during our conversation, and I did so. Just disengaged. He was at the barricade with another young, White, officer. His buddy next to him didn't say a word that whole time. Didn't have his back. Knew his "partner" was being disgustingly unprofessional, and just stayed out of it.

Yes, it's legal to do so. You can even flip them off. Just as long as you don't make any physical contact with one, whatsoever. If you do, they're going to arrest you. Not exactly sure what you'll be charged with. But ANY type of touch or physical contact is illegal. And yes, spitting on an officer counts as touching.

Also, if an officer tells you to move on after you've cussed him out. DO IT! And, do it immediately. Otherwise he can definitely arrest you for that.

Several years back, had a run-in with a young NYPD officer near a barricade. Was having a conversation with a middle-aged Black man who asked me which streets were open. This was on December 31st, late in the morning. Was telling him to avoid a certain street, even though it was open; due to a particularly obnoxious NYPD detective with a chip on his shoulder. As I described the detective, the young, uniformed officer angerly butted in. He was upset that I had described the detective as a Black man, instead of as African-American. The young officer, happened to be White. Keep in mind, the middle-aged Black man I had been speaking to, didn't get offended one bit.

I cussed that particular young officer out. He deserved it. Absolutely. Basically told him he was a miserable disgrace to that uniform, and how he shouldn't treat it like a late-year Halloween costume. How he should carry himself in a professional manner, with some dignity and pride. Yeah, I was born with a serpent's tongue. I choose not to use it 99.9% of the time. But I can cut someone down on the spot if they deserve it. He deserved it. After awhile, he told me to just move along. I told him that was the first intelligent thing he had said during our conversation, and I did so. Just disengaged. He was at the barricade with another young, White, officer. His buddy next to him didn't say a word that whole time. Didn't have his back. Knew his "partner" was being disgustingly unprofessional, and just stayed out of it.

While it was obvious the officer in question was black, how in the hell were you supposed to know where he and his people originated? Not all black people came/come from Africa.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Why not just say "dark skinned fellow with black hair"? (Assuming he had black hair.) Unless he was a light skinned fellow with blond hair or tan skinned fellow with brown hair that should invoke a mental visual without mentioning the R word in any form.

When somebody asks me to describe a person that's what I do. If they ask what race they were I answer that with what I believe is their race but find giving a description to be more informative.

My wife's youngest son for example is a skinny pale skin fellow with a big orange afro. His best friend is a heavy set dark skinned fellow with dark brown short kinky hair.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it was obvious the officer in question was black, how in the hell were you supposed to know where he and his people originated? Not all black people came/come from Africa.
Do you really have to know? BLM seems to not care if you are 10th generation white american, or 1st generation immigrant whose ancestors had nothing to do with slavery from 200 years ago. not that it is your fault even if you are 10th generation white american. But they do not care, and some blue cities make it their official policy in everything from housing to injustice system.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thank you! Exactly! I've used the term "Black" all my Life. Have been living in a mostly Black community for 20 years now, and not once has a Black man or woman gotten offended at my use of that word. Not all Black folks come from Africa.