Incan Surefire 6P worth keeping or modding or just parting out?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only real concern I have ever seen posted about boring out a G2 (or 6P as well) is that if one is doing oneself, there is a danger of getting off-center and winding up with part of the wall too thin. I would think anyone offering to bore or selling bored lights should be capable of doing it properly. [Just don't use it for a hammer after boring!]

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
No worries guys, I appreciate the info and options presented. Still not sure as I've gotten to where I'm more into one cell lights whether it's a 123 primary or 16340 rechargeable or 18650, I just like the sizing and output. Probably end up selling the 6p to fund one of these lol 😅

Lumen83

Enlightened
I would think anyone offering to bore or selling bored lights should be capable of doing it properly.

I had a 6P bored by a reputable CPF modder and the tail section eventually broke off after a few months of use and one drop from about 5 feet onto a concrete floor. Not passing blame on the modder. This person has done a lot of lights for me. Just saying, I will stick to using modern 16650s which seem to run almost as long on the same incan lamps for me.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a tail (threaded) section break off too, I think it depends on just how much you bore. And if you go past the point of safety.

If you more to the very min tolerances, some 18650s will fit and some won't. Especially protected.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Measured my M3 at 20.75mm on the narrow section which would leave a wall thickness of 1.125mm. Seems too thin to me 🤷‍♂️

My C2/C3 bodies are even worse across the flats. Only failures people see is at the tailcap threads? I'd love to run mn10/mn11 off two 18650 but I don't want to snap the tail off!