Incandescent photo...may we see one that you like?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
C'mon, LuxLuthor. Help a brother out. I swear I put a couple of trees up there and a spider and some motorcycles and I some food and musicians. That old man guitarist where you can barely see his face is with a flashlight.
He's a legendary bluesman and is coming close to using it as an album cover.

I've got 80 billion musician photos now and I keep meaning to post them but just between you and me I'm trying to put my self in a position to get a significant raise and just haven't had the time.

I've just been checking in every once in a while to see if everything is cool and you guys are making it hot. Point I'm sloppily trying to make is that I'm trying to diversify this so I can keep it alive and be very gentle about and relaxed about what gets posted. I don't want to get preachy about what is and is not incandescent but if someone is using sunlight (incandescent) and augmenting it with incandescent I think that's cool.

But I need YOU and all the other guys that appreciate incands (we all have hundreds of LEDs) to support this thread. I mean heck I'll blow up some bulbs and measure I/O and post the photo of the target if that gets you inspired....BUT CHECK THIS OUT... You and I both know that incan guys are highly attracted to fast cars, good food, hot girls and the great outdoors.

I couple of times newer members have looked at this thread and gained some extra appreciation for incans...I need you bro.

StarHalo -

I have no words for you right now that I can post but, *EXPLETIVES DELETED* on the pics and the defense of the pics. Goodness, gracious sakes alive!

DM51 -

I may not a have mentioned this lately but I love you, man.

Back @ Lux 18,000 views! "Dog, did you see the size of that chicken?".

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Spaces

Neptune Pool, Hearst Castle
hearstcastleswimmingpoo.jpg

Home office, circa ~1960
officefp.jpg

The White House
o1648429278.jpg

Living wall, commercial installation
plantwallfilippakease02.jpg

Iraq National Museum
iraqnatmuseum.jpg

Abandoned house, Namibian Desert
kolmanskopnamibia374999.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
StarHalo -

That was one of the most revealing, well thought out, creative, worthwhile, thought provoking studies of light I've ever seen. It moved me. Later, in the next couple of days I will think of better words to describe how much I appreciate that.

I'm certain I am unalone in my appreciation.

Jeff

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
StarHalo -

That was one of the most revealing, well thought out, creative, worthwhile, thought provoking studies of light I've ever seen. It moved me. Later, in the next couple of days I will think of better words to describe how much I appreciate that.

I'm certain I am unalone in my appreciation.

Jeff

I agree totally. It demonstrated the stunning impact beyond what I was even aware was possible. I had a bunch of photos I was going to post, but you just raised the bar over my head. Thank you! :thumbsup:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Let's all go to the movies

"You lost your L.A. privileges." (Pulp Fiction)
1269845899662.jpg

"Your Commie has no regard for human life, not even of his own. For this reason men, I want to impress upon you the need for extreme watchfulness. The enemy may come individually, or in strength. He may even appear in the form of our own troops." (Dr. Strangelove)
wbf88mjpg.png

"So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful." (There Will Be Blood)
plainview2.jpg

"Eeeeee-va" (Wall-E)
walle4k1thumb.jpg

"Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat." (Death Proof)
dp01.jpg

"And she - ruined - EVERYTHING." (Fight Club)
1273727575760.jpg

"Take the ticket.. c'mon, take it.." (Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas)
1254587714907.jpg

"I'll cut your little p**ker off." (Sin City)
1457061.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Dexter Season Four DVD release party

For the uninitiated: Dexter is a Showtime original drama series which centers around Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a very experienced blood spatter-pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department who is integral to solving the worst and most bizarre crimes that Miami has to offer. And he's also a serial killer.

Highly recommended.

"Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos."
dexter166.jpg

"Imagine falling for a serial killer.."
dexter02s.jpg

"There are no secrets, just hidden truths beneath the surface."
dexter03.jpg

"Jesus, Dex.."
jennifer800.jpg

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a pretty cool failure, lctorana. It reminds me of another failure Lux posted. Remember the one that looked like kaotic art?

The one "scene" photo you contributed is still a favorite of mine especially the included history description.

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiffany Christopher

Here's some photos I took of my pal Tiffany. One of the most talented people I've ever met. Name it. Folk Rock, Rockabilly, Torch, Pure Rock she can do it with or without a band. Not trying to do a "Versus" thing. Would rather keep it on track but I kinda liked my crappy photos of her. Thought you guys might like them too.

LED lit.

P1000154Medium.jpg

LED lit.

P1000159Medium.jpg

Incandescently lit.

P1090597Medium.jpg

Incandescently lit.

P1090545Medium.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Lindsay Lohan (Machete, The Parent Trap, Century Regional)
800lindsay.jpg

Jessica Alba (Machete, Sin City)
800jes.jpg

Claire Danes (My So Called Life, Romeo+Juliet, Temple Grandin)
800claire.jpg

Angelina Jolie (Tomb Raider, Girl Interrupted)
800angie.jpg

Ke$ha (musician)
800keha.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luh huv the freckles. Glad you are back. I was developing abandonment issues when I saw you posting incandescently lit hotties in another thread.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Jessica Alba.....yummy!

I was roasting some coffee today outside overcast in shaded backyard, and needed extra light to see the bean color with a new roasting time profile, and reached for a nearby Fenix TK30 that I think is a 650 Lumen LED, and it was completely worthless at being able to see the REAL color of the beans. I then grabbed a Surefire M6 (using wquiles PhD-M6 pack) & MN-21 high output bulb, and the difference was so striking, I ran to get my camera to capture the difference. I made a gif to show the two views from about 18" away with each light; then poured the beans on Kleenex inside doing the same thing. The incan shows the actual color of the beans. Tree Hugger postage stamp sheet in background for reference.

roast1-1.gif

roast2.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice ones, there, LuxLuthor.

Though not quite as many as you have, my kitchen is lit by incans. My under cabinet lighting is from Home Depot and they look like Osrams or similar. I like to plate up some fairly fancy dishes and couldn't possibly tell when the fish or steaks or for sure, the veggies are just right unless I'm using incandescent lighting.

Plus, it just adds to the overall ambiance of the kitchen scene. There are a few people that like to watch me cook. Often it's planned out but occasionally it's unplanned and I just start putting things together with just a few basic rules and whatever happens to want to jump into the oven and or pans.

It causes these few special guests to enjoy the fare more, often allowing them to taste the ingredients before they are used. The aroma, the action and the visual effect tempts the senses. Gotta have incan for cooking.

Thanks again to you and everyone for their fantastic contributions to this thread.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a photo of some incans with an incandescent flashlight?

I found these at Home Depot. 60W Phillips on the left 100W GE on the right.
Lit by a PILA GL4 with lumens factory lamp and diffused by white coffee filter

Camera white balance set to white napkin so you can see the exact color of the tinting on the GE 100W. Is that for IRC?

They are so beautiful in rendering color.

P1000998Medium.jpg

Link to much larger pic:
Big Picture on photobucket

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see. I didn't think these were Reveals. I've tried them before but mine had a standard horizontal filament with baby blue frosting. So I don't think I've seen the ones you are referring to that are Halogen AND frosted.

These are installed in cut glass fixtures and I do see the shadow effect especially in the patterns the fixtures throw out. The target image is sweeter than a household incandescent...well to my eyes anyway.