Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

bykfixer

Flashaholic
"Complete"? I do not think that word means what you think it means. :p

Yeah? He can quit anytime... uh huh.

IMG_20180210_122427.jpg

A minty blue Streamlight Keymate incan.
I showed it to another member actively seeking one and they said "nah"... so I put in a minimum bid and won it.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inconceivable! Just picked up a like new black Surefire
Ultra for a great price. Was impressed by my Aluminum Klarus Mi1C mule, really impressed by the solid copper Mi1C so I had to order the Titanium version-the company accidentally sent me the Klarus ST15. Also got a great deal on a brass Peak Eiger/Matterhorn triple. I might not be buying any lights for a while...my last spinal surgery has become infected with MRSA so I get to go see a world famous Neurosurgeon in preparation for a rather nasty upcoming surgery...maybe I have time to pick up just a few more to lift my spirits and play with in the hospital....

ven

Flashaholic
Damn Eddie, really hope for a speedy recovery. You have had it real hard and some, life can be so *beep* at times. Keep strong, unfortunately I can not visit you armed with lots of lights, so swapping pics and thoughts on CPF will be cool.

XD9

Enlightened
I just got a Storm of Ra.
On the way I have:

Modded UltraFire F13
UltraFire F13 Host
A Bunch of Mountain Electronics Drivers/MPCB/LED's/Battery's
Two Lexel Custom Drivers
D1vn

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
My 2nd Surefire UM2 - should be here tomorrow. I bought it when they had 7 left, and then it was out of stock within 16 hours. Phew...

Now I'll have 2 of 800 units produced.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inconceivable! Just picked up a like new black Surefire
Ultra for a great price. Was impressed by my Aluminum Klarus Mi1C mule, really impressed by the solid copper Mi1C so I had to order the Titanium version-the company accidentally sent me the Klarus ST15. Also got a great deal on a brass Peak Eiger/Matterhorn triple. I might not be buying any lights for a while...my last spinal surgery has become infected with MRSA so I get to go see a world famous Neurosurgeon in preparation for a rather nasty upcoming surgery...maybe I have time to pick up just a few more to lift my spirits and play with in the hospital....
Hope you heal quick Eddie. Just get lots of rest and follow the doctor's orders and hopefully you will be good to go in no time👍.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just had a look at that Streamlight Monocrom...................i likey! Dont own and never really thought about a protac, maybe a part of that is importing. Look forward to impressions when you get it:)

Got the light a little while ago now. Overall, I like it. Is it comparable in quality to my SureFire E2D LED Defender? Nope! However, it's not that far off at all. The clip feels a tiny bit flimsy compared to the SureFire E2DL clip. But not to the point where you can't rely on it for daily EDC. There is a certain feeling of solidness (for lack of a better term) with my SF that my new SL doesn't have. I haven't weighed them, but yes the Protac feels lighter. I know there's less aluminum since the barrel is hollowed out more to accommodate an 18650.

Speaking of which, I'd say it's best to mainly use an 18650 in this light, with a couple of CR123s kept as emergency back-up. When you use CR123s, oh boy do they ever fit inside sloppily! So far, so good as the light works with zero issues. However, there is a bit of a rattle obviously. I can live with it, but I can see how others might get annoyed.

Beam pattern is excellent! But yeah, my SF outperforms it in terms of throw and actual output. I know my SF is actually 500 lumens, maybe a touch more. However, I do think you are getting emitter lumens instead of out the front numbers with the Streamlight. So that was a bit disappointing. Still, the SL is very bright, very capable, and makes a very good lower-priced option for those who might have their eye on the current version of the SF E2DL, but just can't afford to spend that much on a single light or can't justify the price based on what they plan to use it for. And, the SL has very real advantages over the SF.

Again, you have price. There's compatibility with an 18650 without boring out the light yourself or sending it off and paying even more money for someone to do it for you (and hoping the job doesn't screw up your new and pricey SureFire). The light is a tiny bit lighter than the SF. That's going to be useful for those who carry a bunch of gear, and ounces count. The light is very Gray Man-ish. Let's face it, in this insane world, you might get into trouble if you walk around with a light clearly marketed as a self-defense tool. Maybe not so much in America, but CPF being an international community; I can see how some members in certain parts of the world could encounter problems simply due to the name "Defender." Especially in the U.K. (Yes, I said it. We all know it's true.) You simply don't have that problem with the SL. There is no current E2E LED version of the current E2D LED from SureFire. This SL model is the closest thing out there to one without sending off your E2E to be modded. And sadly with MilkySpit not being a reliable option for that for quite awhile now, you're just better off buying this SL and calling it a day.

Without a doubt though, the fantastic U.I. is where this Streamlight blows my SureFire out of the water! Even the default interface is set up that you rarely get another mode when you want full output. That's definitely not the case with my SF. It's not uncommon for me to search the client's massive parking lot at night. Get a bit of thumb fatigue, thumb comes off the switch, immediately place my thumb back on it and get 5 lumens instead of 500. I know why SureFire set it up like that, but honestly; it would make sense for an officer to use a back-up light that has a low setting on that, instead.

With the SL, when the above happens, most of the time I get high mode immediately. During the very few times it has kicked into the next setting, that setting is full output strobe. Again, unwanted. But it happens FAR less with my SL than my SureFire. And let's face it, when that happens.... Oh yes, full output strobe is a MUCH better unwanted mode when you want full output, than getting 5 lumens instead. Even better though, if you want to avoid that whole accidental setting situation all together, you can reprogram the U.I. on the SL to just give you full output each and every single time you hit that tailcap switch. Can't do that on the SureFire.

I've never said this before but this is one time that the SureFire engineers need to pay attention to what the Streamlight engineers are doing over there. I absolutely recommend this SL light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like how Streamlight is moving towards a more yellow tint instead of copy paper white. Same benefits as a cold beam with a bit less "oh, crap I just blinded myself" routine.
They also seem to have dialed in the correct o-ring thickness where once you tighten the tailcap it stays tight, without being so stubborn to fasten it down like an oversize o-ring can cause.

I really liked their ProTac 1L dual fuel that gives a good output with a double A or "holy cow thatz bright" with a 123. Plays nice with 3.7 volt double A's or RCR123's too.

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome feedback Monocrom, thanks for that:) Dont have any SL, but would like to add one or two at some point and this looks spot on.

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Nitecore SRT3 Defender for my EDC. My P12GT will be relegated to vehicle carry in my emergency/bugout/spare 5.11 Patrol Ready bag that stays in my van.

Along with a Nitecore RCR123 rechargeable for primary use in the light and 12 Surefire CR123s for backup, just in case. Always useful to have some primaries around that you know will be ready to use at a moments notice if the situation arises. Should all be here tomorrow with Amazon Prime Shipping.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Just ordered a Nitecore SRT3 Defender for my EDC. My P12GT will be relegated to vehicle carry in my emergency/bugout/spare 5.11 Patrol Ready bag that stays in my van.

Along with a Nitecore RCR123 rechargeable for primary use in the light and 12 Surefire CR123s for backup, just in case. Always useful to have some primaries around that you know will be ready to use at a moments notice if the situation arises. Should all be here tomorrow with Amazon Prime Shipping.
Great choice! I love my Nitecore SRT3, had it for around 5yrs now, I think. Got it when it first came out and still works flawlessly!

To keep in line with this thread, I have a Convoy S2+ Desert Tan 7135*8 with U4-7A XP-L HI in the mail along with 2 Astrolux A01's both using Nicha 219B. One in red for myself and blue for my son [emoji4]

Sadly though, the S2+ comes with the standard 3/5 modes and not Biscotti [emoji47]

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Waiting for an Astrolux S41 XP-G3 with extension tube and an 18350 battery tube for the Convoy S2+ Desert Tan I just ordered as well. No more lights for me this year. I hope.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180310_191218.jpg

Aviator E. (AviatEr?)

Couldn't decide which E to put an incoming singLED. Now I know.

The 1amp 3000 kelvin LED module should put out a 1930's 10D argon gas looking beam from a pocket sized light. Woohoo!!

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Great choice! I love my Nitecore SRT3, had it for around 5yrs now, I think. Got it when it first came out and still works flawlessly!

To keep in line with this thread, I have a Convoy S2+ Desert Tan 7135*8 with U4-7A XP-L HI in the mail along with 2 Astrolux A01's both using Nicha 219B. One in red for myself and blue for my son [emoji4]

Sadly though, the S2+ comes with the standard 3/5 modes and not Biscotti [emoji47]
Not long ago, I got my Desert Tan S2+ direct from Simon at Convoy Aliexpress with the Biscotti driver. I must have fooled with it for 30 minutes before I got the timing down to be able to program the darn thing. Thankfully, it maintains the program selection, if one changes the batteries quickly. I *think* that if you are slow to change the battery, that it will revert back to the default program.

I have a pair of S2+ convoys XM-L2's driven at 2100ma, and a C8 XP-L HI @ 2800 ma all with holsters, for camping, coming.
@ 2100ma, the S2+ lights will get a little better run-time. The C8 is a backup, with a bit more throw if wanted, but still not too big. Actually the C8 probably will not see the dark of night, because the Crelant CH10 headlamp gets more use than any other light. Oh yeah... I have another one of those coming too.