Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I'm nine days into 2024 and already have ten flashlights on the way.
Keep that up for 3 more days, and you can claim a Tony Stark moment.

1704873099127.jpeg

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Got a Hide-a-Lite Scout G2 XS PIR light on the way, to mount in the garage.

And 4x Samsung 40T 21700 flat-tops, plus another 4x Nitecore NL1835HP 18650's for my Fenix TK75 2018.
Recently got a second battery carrier for my TK75, and I really like identical batteries in my multi-cell lights (and the now 8x NL1835HP cost more than the light itself did...).

I'll get back here when the weekend comes, when I know how many Emisar "Hank" lights I'll get. Been out of the market for awhile, and I need (read: "need" - i.e. "not really", as in "I don't need any new lights at all, I just want some") something new. And there's so many juicy new emitters since I was last into it!

Wallet has already been crying in a corner for a couple days, so there's just some quiet sobs coming from it right now.
But there will be a new paycheck in a couple days, so I plan to compromise with the wallet about what and how many Emisar lights to get.

Last edited:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Finally got the Emisar order in.

Noctigon K9.3
Green body + Amber switch LED
E21A, 3500K + Osram W1 Green
$94.48

Usecase is a walking + fun walking light.
Got a lot of gravel roads around here, and for some reason I really like walking with a green light - hence the green W1 - and I can't find any lights with a green secondary anymore. Only with red and/or blue. And my Nitecore HC90 (that got red, green and blue) is terrible to walk with - way too front heavy.

DT8K
Cyan body + Red switch LED
E21A, 4500K
Added magnet in tailcap
$79.51

Usecase is a floody work light.

Almost got a dual-channel D4KTI as well, but I wanted to save some money for an Acebeam E75 (TBA).

Last edited:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Well I hit 12 today so I better pump the brakes for 48 hours. Found a dude almost giving away a couple old Surefires.
Isn't that what they in the military calls "targets of opportunity"?
As in chances not expected to found, given what you were already looking for anyway?

No need to let a couple "almost given away" flashlights count towards the 12 in 12. :cool:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Few items....
1- WelTool T14C (New to the brand. Clearly very overpriced considering the competitions' similar offerings. LEGO-ability on the level of SureFire 20 years ago. Oh, and literally the only serious tactical model of theirs without frickin' holes cut through the bezel, and marketed as a cooling feature. Also purchased an 18350 Flat Dark Earth body and flat tailcap switch from Weltool to go along with it.)

2- Couple of inexpensive throwing knives. (They look like the ones from the first Metro: 2033 video-game. Just need to wrap them in blue painters tape to get the look.)

3- Older, all-black, SOG Trident folding knife. (With some very special engraving on the blade. Found an engraver on Etsy who apparently has access to New/Old-Stock knife models and will happily sell them; if you get them engraved. It's either him, or generally used and battered examples on eBay. Got a classic SOG Aegis from him the last time I ordered.)

4- U.S. Military angle-head flashlight converted to LED. (Only 50 lumens. But I wanted it to round out my flashlight collection, and for use in role-plays on my YouTube ASMR channel. So far, last flashlight I've bought.)

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I got my HDS LE model in the mail. I like the soft clicky of the light, its very sleek. The beam is good, the lumen level is about 110 when you click it on and you get maximum when you hard press to 250 lumens. The low feature is 9 lumens and there is a nice strobe built in. So how do I feel about a gucci light that doesnt put out all the lumens? Its useful. Would it be a good duty light? No, I want more lumens. However for off the clock doing things around town its perfect. I am partial to the fact it didnt come with a pocket clip. I like pocket clips sometimes if they are done right and other times I loathe them. I guess I will make my decision later on if I need to get a pocket clip.

I should add, while I dislike some things about Streamlight. I did order another one. I got a Protac HL-X coming in the mail. I figured with how many of their branding 18650 batteries I have, might as well put them to use.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't that what they in the military calls "targets of opportunity"?
As in chances not expected to found, given what you were already looking for anyway?

No need to let a couple "almost given away" flashlights count towards the 12 in 12. :cool:
You say that like I do this on purpose. I think I've intentionally bought maybe four lights in my life. The rest are accidents. Lots of accidents.

Bob-Ross-No-Mistakes-Only-Happy-Accidents-Wall-Poster-14-725-x-22-375-Framed_24aeb3a9-e3aa-48...jpeg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Hank dm11. Much smaller than I thought from pics. Beautiful light and love the giant optic with the rgb LEDs. Hasn't gotten dark yet but I measured 1944 lumens on turbo. And with xhp50.3 hi and boost driver should be pretty efficient

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Flashlight related:
Fenix HL15 headlamp (recently discontinued).
Brinyte PT28 Oathkeeper.

Knives:
Case Buffalo Horn Hunter fixed-blade.
Gerber Pledge folding knife.

And a Carhartt watchcap in Navy blue.

drunktank

Newly Enlightened
I have a Modlite OKW 18350 handheld in the mail (and just got word it's delayed via UPS now lol). Been on a quest to search for my perfect EDC at work and this may fit the bill. First experience with Modlite and the 18350 platform. Looking into a HOG PLHV2 as well.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
@ABTOMAT
Now I know what you mean.
Now my list adds up too, buying more lights even before I receive the first ones.

First:
Emisar DT8K
Emisar Noctigon K9.3
Took me WEEKS to decide on the config!

Then:
Sofirn Q8 Plus
Sofirn SF15
Sofirn IF22A
Sofirn IF23
...Random impulse buy, on recommendation here instead of a Fenix L50R.

Then:
5x Coast PM310R
Bought one; wanted more. Is on sale from a local E-tailer, and it includes the Coast ZX955 21700 cell - a battery which on the same site is sold separately for ~$9 more than the light + battery combo.

Then:
Another Fireflies PL47MU
I LOVE the "E21A mix 3800K" tint so much, I just had to have another!

Then:
Lightly used Fenix TK35UE v1
Lightly used Fenix LR35
...Random impulse buy.

A bit of a stretch on the calendar, but...14 lights in 12 days.
With the Tony Stark reference at the top of the page, I took the Christmas twins, and then March twice...and I didn't even mean to. :|

Last edited:

Latest posts