Inova X0 Info...

• Thread starter MeridianTactical
  • Start date

nonbox

Banned
I'm going to pass on the XO. The Inova XO 6 inches lenght, 1 inch diameter size is too big. I'm going to keep my X5T which I think is not an ideal size but still fits in my jacket pocket and in my county comm sheath.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I too spent a few minutes with an X0 in the Charleston SC Discovery store yesterday. I didn't expect to see it there, but happened to have my Arc LSHF-P handy for a quick comparison. The X0 may have lost a little output to the clear plastic package, but then my LSHF-P still has its protective static lens cover. Fair fight. Both put out a somewhat tight and even beam. The X0 may be a little tighter and brighter. The difference wasn't significant though. The LSHF-P will do essentially the same job as the X0 - with half the length and slightly less diameter.

The X0 is a surprisingly large light. Well built though, bright, supposedly regulated, and a very good value. I won't buy one because I consider my LSHF-P to be a vastly superior light. The X0 may take rechargeable Pilas, but I already have similar output and size factor in a Brinkmann/MM+Q3 that does just fine on NiMH AAs.

I'd like to see one of the T1s when they come out, but will probably pass on it too. IMO this year's cutting edge is variable output. The Inovas have great build, but they could use a hi/lo feature and a little more beam spread.

indenial

Enlightened
Only at discovery.com and at select Discovery stores evidently. It's not at my local store, unfortunately. "Production problems" will delay distribution for an unknown period according to what's been posted here.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dave Wright said:
I too spent a few minutes with an X0 in the Charleston SC Discovery store yesterday. I didn't expect to see it there, but happened to have my Arc LSHF-P handy for a quick comparison. The X0 may have lost a little output to the clear plastic package, but then my LSHF-P still has its protective static lens cover. Fair fight. Both put out a somewhat tight and even beam. The X0 may be a little tighter and brighter. The difference wasn't significant though. The LSHF-P will do essentially the same job as the X0 - with half the length and slightly less diameter.

The X0 is a surprisingly large light. Well built though, bright, supposedly regulated, and a very good value. I won't buy one because I consider my LSHF-P to be a vastly superior light. The X0 may take rechargeable Pilas, but I already have similar output and size factor in a Brinkmann/MM+Q3 that does just fine on NiMH AAs.

I'd like to see one of the T1s when they come out, but will probably pass on it too. IMO this year's cutting edge is variable output. The Inovas have great build, but they could use a hi/lo feature and a little more beam spread.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, after reading Garmin's review of the X0 and his comparison against the X5T and Surefire A2, i'd think the X0 would be noticably brighter than an Arc LS.

does anyone have an Arc LS to compare with an X0?

Dave Wright

Enlightened
BBTL,

I would characterize the X0 as noticeably brighter than the LS. Note that the LS against which I compared the X0 @ Discover was the Premium version w/ Fraen optic, and the X0 appeared to somewhat outthrow it. IMO the difference isn't significant in real-world situations. I consider the LSHF-P superior because of its size. It was, after all, with me in the store - at a time I had no reason to expect to need a light. Most people probably wouldn't tote around their X0 unless they had a specific use in mind.

I would recommend keeping the X0 in mind when considering flashlight purchases. As I wrote - great build & good value. Inova makes great lights at prices much lower than cutting edge companies like Arc.