Inova X0 vs X03 output? (editied)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I compared an X03 with my X0, and I'm barely seeing any difference in output. Granted, its daytime and I haven't tried it at night yet. I did try it in a dark closet though. Maybe I need to try it at further ranges at night to see a significant difference? Should the X03 be significantly more powerful than the X0?

(editied to fix my model error)

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Re: Inova X01 vs X03 output?

I have the T-series versions of those lights and the difference between a T3 and a T2 beam is substantial. Indeed, a T3 in the early stages of moon mode puts out about as much light as a T2 at full power.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I compared now that its nightime, and the X03 does have more throw. Its just that its not as much difference as I thought (I thought the X03 would have around 3 times as much, it looks to my eyes more like 1.5 times as much). Either I got a really bright X01, or a really dim X03...or a combo of both...?

deranged_coder

Enlightened

What's the X01? I've got an X0 (2x123 light) and an X1 (1xAA) but I'm not all too clear on what the X01 is. I couldn't find anything about an X01 on either flashlightreviews.com or via a Google search of the web, either.

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
deranged_coder said:
What's the X01? I've got an X0 (2x123 light) and an X1 (1xAA) but I'm not all too clear on what the X01 is. I couldn't find anything about an X01 on either flashlightreviews.com or via a Google search of the web, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, its bad memory on my part. The Inovas don't have model number stamped on them like Surefires do, so I was going off memory. Yes, its the X0 I'm referring to. I typed X01 because it is a Lux-I and my memory thought that was also the model number, but I errored. Again, its the X0.

deranged_coder

Enlightened

Ah, that certainly clears things up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmmm... I own both the X0 and the X03 but I have never tried comparing them side-by-side for throw. I will have to take both lights outside later this evening and try to do a comparison.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened

Just took some beamshots of my T2 and T3 for comparison.

T3 on the left; T2 on the right. In this case, the green apperance of the beams can be blaimed on a green wall rather than a confused camera or a green Luxeon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Range was about 6 feet.

T2 trying to illuminate a tree at 25'.

T3 illuminating part of a tree at 25'. Manual exposure settings identical to the T2 tree shot above.