Interest Check: Strion Bi-Pin Adapter for A2

Ahshan

Newly Enlightened
I've received word Five-Mega may consider running another batch of A2 Strion Bi-Pin Adapters if presented with enough interest.

Here's the communication:

fivemega said:
Ahshan said:
Dear Fivemega,

I, and several others, are interested in purchasing your strion kit for the A2.

Would you please consider doing another run, or at-least an interest check?

Ahshan

fivemega said:
Unfortunately, minimum quantity requirement is 100 units and my cost is even higher than last run.
I will reconsider about another run if I can negotiate total cost down to same as last run per unit.
Thank you for interest.

Ahshan said:
Awesome.

May I post your reply to a public thread?

Ahshan
Sure,
I would like to know about serious interests.

:rock:

Please reference the following thread for more information: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...emega-s-Strion-conversion-kit-for-Surefire-A2

Given the discontinuation of MA-02's, scarcity of circulating stock, and the recent price gouging of Lumens Factory HO-A2's, the accessible utility of the incandescent A2 is being ingloriously doused. Remember, this bi-pin adapter is designed for the Strion bulbs, but can be used for any bulb within electrical and dimensional specs (or not).

A2-Strion-3.jpg
Images re-used from thread by DM51.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these legendary adapter kits to keep it operable, then line right up!

Damage is in the ballpark of $3X.

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

Given the discontinuation of MA-02's, scarcity of circulating stock, and the recent price gouging of Lumens Factory HO-A2's,

I just checked and the Lumens Factory HO-A2 lamps are $24 each. I believe this is what they always were. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ahshan

Newly Enlightened
It was $21+$5(shipping) two weeks ago.

I can't imagine the price will go down; anyhow, these bulbs tend to blacken over time, unlike their factory counterpart.

Contrary to the MA-02, the HO-A2 has a deteriorating service life which doesn't seem reasonable at cost. No way I'd continue running the A2 on these things.

Last edited:

1pt21

Enlightened
I'd buy at least 2 of them. :twothumbs

Surprised there's not more of a push for another run of the the e-series bi-pin adapters. I'd buy like 5 of those!

scout24

Flashaholic
Thread is about interest in Fivemega's adapter, not dispariging someone else's product or pricing. Keep it on topic.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in one for the A2.

Also a bump for an e-series strion bi-pin as well. Been looking for one of those for a long time.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Hello all. I've been a long time lurker here but have never felt the need to post until I saw this. I have bought 3 a2's, 2 whites and a red, because of you guys and I carry one of them everyday. In my research I noticed I was way behind the 8 ball on the first runs of these but I don't want to be again. I love my a2's and want to keep them running well into the future:candle:. I'm down for 2 if that's possible.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hello all. I've been a long time lurker here but have never felt the need to post until I saw this. I have bought 3 a2's, 2 whites and a red, because of you guys and I carry one of them everyday. In my research I noticed I was way behind the 8 ball on the first runs of these but I don't want to be again. I love my a2's and want to keep them running well into the future:candle:. I'm down for 2 if that's possible.

Welcome to the site.
Great 1st post.