Interest List: ALUMINUM McGizmo PD-27L

Would you be interested in purchasing an ALUMINUM PD-27L?

• Total voters
pcmike

pcmike

Enlightened
Just so I'm clear, when I started this interest list thread my intention was to guage the interest of an ALUMINUM PD-27L that was to be made just like every other ALUMINUM PD that has since been produced. With that being said, that means that I FULLY EXPECTED THIS ALUMINUM PD-27L TO MOST 100% DEFINITELY BE HA3 IN EITHER HA-NAT OR DARK SLATE!

Please guys, if you selected "Maybe" only due to the fact that you thought this light MAY be produced in BARE ALUMINUM, I'd appreciate your reconsideration on your choice in the poll; as such a light is almost 100% NOT (just going based on Don's history.. not insider information) going to ever be produced.

It's also worth mentioning, if you are ONLY SELECTING "NO" because you are going to be ordering a Ti PD-27L or similiar, please simply don't select any option at all. I'd rather not skew these inform results simply because you've got the cashflow to buy the more expensive version!

:thanks:

Last edited:
Kiessling

Kiessling

Moderator,
Uh Mike ... please ... could you be a bit mroe "conservative" with your font color and size? :huh: :poke:
bernie

4sevens

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for one. HA3
If i could get the head only for my PD thats fine too.

If people want bare al, they can strip it themselves with sodium hydroxide.
:D

pcmike

pcmike

Enlightened
I'm quite excited over the prospect of such a light as I think anyone can tell, I just don't want the results of this informal poll to get all skewed out of whack because people thought one think or are getting the more expensive version of the same light. That's all.. :sssh:

Kiessling said:
Uh Mike ... please ... could you be a bit mroe "conservative" with your font color and size? :huh: :poke:
bernie

ianb

ianb

Enlightened
I like the PD but have a HDS EDC which doesn't leave enough need for it, but the 27l PD looks great, I'm always in for a bit more throw, as long as the price isn't too close to Ti I'd be in,
Ian

Navistar

Navistar

Newly Enlightened
Don seems like a very busy fellow,maybe he could put some extra 27L heads

for sale at the sandwich shop.

nakahoshi

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don seems like a very busy fellow,maybe he could put some extra 27L heads

for sale at the sandwich shop.

He could, but when i tried this (putting the 27L head on my PD, It wassnt a solid fit, and i could only get low mode to engage, I was afraid of damage to try to turn the head any more. So, in short, the 27L bezel is not a direct fit to the PD body. You are very correct, he is VERY busy, and this will likely be a future project, but it may be nice to know that people want to buy them before hand.

so I took the 27L head off of the McLux-27LT light and tried it on a regular PD. It fit and worked but only low would turn on. My guess is that the LT head needs the 6 or more volts to run Hi since it is from a 2 cell light. There was also a larger gap bewteen the head and body.

This was what i encountered, It looks great though.

I tried the head of a 27LT on one of my earlier PDs and it works like a charm on both levels.
:candle:

Very interested in what "Earlier PD" you own, thats really cool, and you dont have to wait like the rest of us. Does the 27LT head go all the way flush when turned to High mode?

But, A Sure :sold: From me if this light ever becomes more then CPF wishy Vapor.

-bobby

OldGreyGuy

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
Maybe because I was confused by the bare Aluminium, I would prefer the HA Slate like my PD.

easilyled

easilyled

Flashaholic
My preference is for Bare Al for the reasons I stated earlier.

ie. nice silver reflective look (hard to tell the difference between
this and chrome) and simple correction of minor blemishes.

(I mistook the title of the thread to mean Bare Al.)

However I would probably equally go for it if it were to be offered in HA Nat.

With the PDs there was originally a choice of Bare Al.,
Slate or HA Nat and I would hope that this choice would be available
as well if Don ever decided to produce them.

Leaving a few of them bare for those that prefer them like me is probably
not difficult for him to do anyway.

Therefore I think for the intents and purposes of this poll,
one should assume at least that bare or HA versions would be available,
and though I would prefer bare, I would still go for HA.