• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest Thread: 2x18650 battery adapter for SureFire M6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
It's in the mail Mark :)

Had a question for the masses, any input would be appreciated.

I was thinking about ordering some acrylic rod to use as the support rods, see how it works out, anyone think this would look cool with "clear" rods, black? white? any preference? As long as I'm going to make it, might as well try to make it look cool.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Personally, it's going to be hidden in the M6's body so my vote is to go for whichever material is most durable.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any color or flavor is fine by me! I'm in for a few! (I've got some PWM circuits I would like to attach to these) :thumbsup:

JetskiMark

Enlightened
I received the final version today and it is good to go. It drops right into a stock M6 and works perfectly.

The overall length is less than 1mm longer than the stock MB20 so the switch activation pressure is not noticeably affected. The positive contact acorn nut now sits inside a recess in the end cap to help achieve this. It also looks cleaner this way.

The nylon thumb nuts are easy to grip and work perfectly.

The nuts added to the threaded rods keep the first cell from pushing through. When the second cell is inserted and centered, neither one touches the nuts anymore, so there should be little chance of the nuts wearing through the shrink wrap.

The only thing I would add is polarity indicators. A + and a - drawn on with a Sharpie would work but they rub off easily. Perhaps a very shallow hole, or a center punch mark, could be filled with a red and black marking pen. A minor detail, but it would be nice to not have to think about getting the cells in properly.

Good job Eric. I think that everybody who orders one of these will be pleased.

generic808

Enlightened
Well start up that pre-order because I'm ready to send funds! I seriuously need to convert my M6 to rechargeables ASAP :candle:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Sounds great Mark!.... I realized after mailing it that I had forgotten to put the polarity indications on it :) On my normal adapters, I just use a Sharpie :) I've found that once it dries it takes a lot of effort to remove it. I'll probably just stick with that method as it's simple and cheap.

I've ordered enough materials to make 50 of them, it should all be in by monday, that should be more than enough to get things rolling. Once I have a number of them finished up, I'll start a sales thread :)

Eric

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would there be any prepaid threads? If not when (tentative) sales thread be open? I need one of these holders.....cheers and well done.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome:grin2: Make sure you post here when the sales thread is started, cause while I may not always scroll through the forum posts, I ALWAYS check my 'User CP' subscriptions.

BSBG

Enlightened
Just piling on - I am up for one of these when ready, thanks!

:whistle:

mdocod

Flashaholic
100 cuts and 600 holes drilled so far, production is most certainly underway!

I'm estimating the first of these should be available in about a week from now, I'm going to really push to get these done fast :)

Eric

generic808

Enlightened
Guesstimate on pricing? I've already paid FM for one of his 3x holders, but I also want one of these. And any idea when a pre-sale thread will start up? Thanks :wave:

mdocod

Flashaholic
I never "pre-sale" or willingly accept payment for anything that hasn't been built and is ready to go. It's how I like to conduct business and keeps me in line, hope thats OK...

While there are numerous examples of successful "pre-sales" and "group-buys" and such all around, There are also a number of examples from the past of sales that didn't go so well due to various unforeseen circumstances. I'd much rather run into any unforeseen circumstances before receiving payment :)

The final price will be in the $20-30 range including shipping (I will offer international shipping also), i want to finish the first run and see what kind of time goes into building these in mass before determining the exact price.

Eric

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm excited Eric! Finally I'll be able run a 1111 in a stock length M6 without modification. Woohoo! :)

generic808

Enlightened
"I wish I could go back in time a year or so and give myself advice. I would of told myself to get the Surefire HAIII C3, a Z48 clicky, and a Malkoff and not waste so much money trying to go the cheap route."

^ :crackup: Isn't that so true?

Well I can't wait til these are completed. I will send payment once it's a go! Thanks, Eric.

gen[Eric]808 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts