Sold/Expired Interest thread: bodies for 27LT

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Interest thread: bodies for HD27

:ohgeez: :awman: :rant:

Leef, you are working too hard with all these bodies/projects.

Keep it up.:grin2:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef said:
Am I going crazy, or what?!
.:awman:
Anyway, after searching everywhere (except, obviously, where that prototype is), I gave up and made another prototype and am going to take it tomorrow to the CNC shop for a bid. I don't expect any surprises and am guessing it'll cost around what my other 2x bodies cost.
I'll post photos soon.
Sorry for the confusion. I either need more sleep or more coffee.

That sucks big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leef

Enlightened
:rant: No news.

I'm still waiting for a bid from the CNC shop. To be fair to them, they're working quickly for me on other projects, e.g. a second run of P1D bodies, the BigLeef assemblies, and...hold on to your privates...the LeefLite. :naughty:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef said:
:rant: No news.

I'm still waiting for a bid from the CNC shop. To be fair to them, they're working quickly for me on other projects, e.g. a second run of P1D bodies, the BigLeef assemblies, and...hold on to your privates...the LeefLite. :naughty:

Ok I'll bite what's the LeefLite? Or is it something Top Secret?

Last edited:

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Leef said:
hold on to your privates...the LeefLite.
naughty.gif

Yeah, c'mon Leef, you can't tease like that, spill it!

Leef

Enlightened
Why, the LeefLite is so secret I'd have to kill myself before telling you! :naughty:

Chrysler Building?

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are people solving the problem of no button on the 18650 cells?
Putting a magnet there looks scary, since it could so easily slide a mm over and short. :poof:

Groundhog66

Banned
AndyTiedye said:
How are people solving the problem of no button on the 18650 cells?
Putting a magnet there looks scary, since it could so easily slide a mm over and short. :poof:

I was given the idea to mound just enough solder on top to allow contact, works great.

Leef

Enlightened
Andy, you just need a Leef Safety Magnet (see the Hound's page, tho he's sold out briefly). These magnets are glued into nylon or fiberglass washers to prevent shorting should they slide sideways. :grin2:

Leef

Enlightened
James, think High End. Think...well...kick back and have another cold one and relax. Soon enough...

Actually, how's this for a scheme -- the light will be junk. No one will like it, Trash, plain and simple. :rant:

Now, having been disabused of any high hopes, you won't be disappointed! :lolsign:

Leef

Enlightened
Depending on the acceptance of the 27LT bodies, I'll make HD45 bodies (using C series tailcaps and 18650s, of course!).

Leef

Enlightened
No news yet...the CNC shop has been doing other stuff for me...but I'll poke them again.

Leef

Enlightened
UPDATE Here's where the project is. I have a bid from the CNC shop. They have my prototype and I don't have any photos of it. I'll post some as soon as I can, but it's pretty simple.

Basics -- 1x18650, uses any C-series tailcap (rear loading), HA-III black. Not much else to say, except that the bodies will either be knurled or have an intertwining (left & right hand) helix pattern.

The cost will be $60.

Let's try an informal interest poll. Who's seriously interested at this price?