Sold/Expired Interest Thread: Titanium CR2 E Series bodies

JasonH

Enlightened
Hi,

This is a titanium CR2 E series body that I made on my personal lathe. This one was made for a member here on CPF. I wanted to see if there may be interest in these bodies. They take quite a while to make manually as this one was. So I was thinking of having a local machine shop produce a few of these. I think this would keep the cost down. I have not checked with the shop about the price yet but I think they should be around $100.00 or a little less. Please post here if your interested. If there is enough interest I will get the final price in the next couple of days. Then everyone can decide if they will still want one. There will NOT be a prepay but possibly a small deposit ($5 or $10) to claim a spot. Let me know what you think.

JasonH

UPDATE:2/18

I am going to have to put this on hold for now. I have not found another machine shop yet, and I am going to stop looking for now. I will not be able to move forward with this for 4 - 5 weeks as I now have other obligations. I apologize to those who are interested, and would like to say thank you for all of the kind words.

UPDATE:2/13

Well the machine shop I planned on using just contacted me back. They said they wouldn't be able to get started on this for 6 to 8 weeks. I am going to look into finding another shop in the next couple of days.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice...definitely interested in one or two if you can managed to keep the cost below $100, something like $80-ish would hit the sweet spot

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Rather surprised at the minimal response, so far :thinking: - bump to bring this back up top....

I'm in for one for sure, possibly two (depending on price) :)

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened
Great, Im waiting for the machine shop to give me a call back. So I can set up a time to stop by and get pricing figured out.

JasonH

Enlightened
I should have more info on the progress of this on Monday night.

JasonH

Enlightened
Well the machine shop I planned on using just contacted me back. They said they wouldn't be able to get started on this for 6 to 8 weeks. I am going to look into finding another shop in the next couple of days.

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter

Any updates?

EDIT - sorry, just re-read the OP :sigh:

Latest posts