Interesting Video Finds Part 4

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm immediately struck by two things:
  1. The power:weight ratio of modern hobbyist RC is insane. Those rigs look like they can easily flip on acceleration.
  2. Seems like they're controlling the roll mid-jump with strategic blipping of the throttle
+

Yes & yes.

Very high performance brushless motors, best lithium polymer batteries @ 34V and controllers capable of routing more than 150A.
Easily over 5 horsepower, of electric power, on the red rig.

btw, the red rig is north of 30lbs. running

Lumen83

Enlightened
yeah i dont like cuteie dogs. my dogs always earned there keep. last one i had i lived in a rough part of town. i didnt even have to close my doors snoop would eat bad guys lol. and he was so wise he knew who was up to no good before even i knew
Cute dogs earn their keep too. Just in different ways. My favorite guard dog is an alarm.

codybene

Newly Enlightened
The next time you see a car commercial, you might not be seeing the real car...

Oh boy oh boy!!!! I hadn't thought of CGI getting in car commercials but it totally makes sense....... Damn!!! Next time I buy a car I will definitely will keep this in mind

codybene

Newly Enlightened
As a person with a relative with a disability, a pet can make a whole difference in their lives... don't know exactly why but pets can make an special bond with those persons that help them in ways many times humans can't............. thank god for pets......

Good video, loved it!

Reactions: TPA

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A look at New York, in color, from the turn of the Century (the one before the previous one).

codybene

Newly Enlightened

not sure what to say about this one

Lol!! I thought it couldn't be done. I wonder how the flavor deviates from traditional cooking, would it be something similar o completely different from what we know? :au:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What was bvehind the great northeastern power blackout of 2003. Really well done with lots of detail and animations that show how the events cascaded.

Empath

Flashaholic
As a reminder, we wish to maintain a non-extreme friendliness in our Cafe. Some topics don't permit that. However, we do offer an opportunity to approach many such topics on our Underground board. The topic of the few posts that were just removed from here may be freely discussed there.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is one with entertaining elements AND retains credibility. Video is 5 minutes 30 seconds.

Humans and the institutions they build: Either it's about making money/security, or money and power.