Introducing 3D tritium...

supasizefries

Enlightened
Damn Jeff, you've out did yourself again! :bow::bow: I have to say this is the greatest little light that I own. It's my first venture into Ti and it may be my last. I'm just so happy with it. :D Jeff you'll be happy to know that I just used your light to help out at serious car accident I witnessed :eek::(:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237598

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title of this thread just sucks you right in, and then you are hypnotized by this beautiful light.:twothumbs

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job Jeff :twothumbs

Just curious, since you cure so many vials on each light, what do you use to cure the UV adhesive (Norland 61?) I assume you are using?

sigfan

Enlightened
Just got mine the other day and love it!
here are some more pics

d102.jpg

d101.jpg

d104.jpg

d108.jpg

jhanko

Enlightened
First of all, I want to thank all of you for the compliments & support. It honestly is the only thing that keeps me going. Believe it or not, taking into account the amount of time I put into these, plus buying the titanium, the D10's, the tritium(if Bart has kids, I think I'll be puting them through college), the Norland adhesive, silcone sheet for lens gaskets, relacing worn tooling, etc., I could probably make more money working at McDonalds. I do it because I love to make things, and to hear the reaction from someone who just received a light in the mail. I may be a terrible business man, but I sleep good at night. I'm looking into automating the machining, so these will be affordable for more people, and maybe I can make a buck.:thumbsup: This wiil probably be a few months down the road though.

Regading the EX10, I don't make them for the following reasons:
The wall thickness of the entire light is too thin for tritiun vials(the 3D piston is possible though). Because of the thin walls, the body can't have any contour. The necked down battery tube on the D10 offers a fantastic grip and works great with a cigar grip. It fits the hand so good, you never think about dropping it. I can't knurl titanium on my machine, so with the EX10, you would have to rely only on shallow grooves for grip. The odds on it slipping out of your hand are very good. I have a 123 light design in mind, but more on that later.

Sigfan, those are amazing pictures! The macro on that tailshot is unbelievable. Thanks for posting them.

One more thing, some of you may have noticed that the head on Sigfan's light has new style grooving to match the grooving on the body. This was PoliceScannerMan's idea, so if you don't like it, blame him...:poke:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
OK so a D10 base it is then! Unless your CR123 version is around 2 months away, I can wait if so. Are green tritium vials an option? I really really like green.

I do like the new head grooving better than the old! So, how much are one of these?! I have money for you.
Are you selling these?

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea, Jeff!

I'll have to give it a try, but I want to see what it looks like when the reflective surface is curved, and maybe grooved, or dimpled. :crackup: :devil: