Introducing the 007 Tri-V CPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I guess that goes to show that I was seriously interested in this!! Lol!!:crackup::crackup::twothumbs

As for the fam & friends....Well.. you're right.:laughing:
Now they all have to deal with me showing them all the functions and features. Luckily every single family member and close friend have been turned into budding flashaholics. Every single immediate family member has at least 2-4 nice lights...and they keep wanting more!!:crackup:

Now, if only I could find a surgeon to install a retractable titanium tether:whistle:
I'm not alone in looking forward to your review, or in wishing you luck in keeping it in your possession after your associate flashaholics catch sight of it! :grin2:

mikes1

Enlightened
Congrats to all the beta testers :thumbsup:

Please do a :goodjob: coz I don't want no bugs in my one

I know Karl has lots of time on his hands but what about the rest of you guys? :nana:

Looking forward to your words and pictures

Mike

All Hail the TRI-V!! :bow::bow::bow:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Thanks Dave! Payment was sent as soon as my hot little fingers could get to PayPal. :twothumbs

Karl

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the lock low is lower than the default (factory config) low. Also, you can set the low on any 005 (STFu) or 007 to be as low as you want. No light made goes lower, not even the wonderful HDS. :wave:

Dave, that is awesome, and a really attractive feature. The pocket firestarters get the lion's share of attention on CPF, but for the people who really NEED a truly low low, this is a feature that is key in deciding which light to choose. I encourage you to make this a bullet point in the feature list.

I am sorry that it's not feasible for me to invest in a light of this caliber at this time. I would love to check this light out. When I am back in the market for high end lights, you can be confident that your high quality and attention to detail will keep this customer coming back. :twothumbs

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, are you sure you don't need a tester up here in Canada? You should actually test at least one in a different country you know:thumbsup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You lucky dogs need to test the bee-jeebies out of this gem....like you needed an excuse. Seriously, it is way cool to have multiple guinea pigs trying to see what could be a problem, or enhanced.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been away from this addictive hobby for a little while, but I guess I have now found what I will be saving up for. The innovation here just floors me.

-DF

Incidentalist

Enlightened
What great news! I am so looking forward to reading some reviews and drooling over beamshots! :eek: Finally!!!!

Dave, I am glad to hear you say that you plan to slowly offer these up for at least a little while. I so want one of these and I do plan to own one, but right now I just don't have the funds and I don't have enough stuff I'm willing to sell off to fund it either. Hopefully I'll be locked and loaded by the time wave 4 rolls around. :twothumbs

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Guys and Gals,

Thanks for all your encouragement. I am nervous, this seems to be built up to colossus levels. I am excited and feeling really good that the five lights are setting here ready to go out tomorrow. They are shipping overnight.

I have tested them pretty completely and I just got done loading them with the final beta code.

Tomorrow after the lights go out I am going to start on the new thread. I am going to call it Tri-V Information. It is not going to be the sales thread. That will come later. The Tri-V information thread will summarize all the crap that is strewn over this monstrous thread. It will sum up the specifications on the light and list all the parameters of the software which are extensive. It will also eventually point to a few new instructional videos on the programming. Finally it is the place where the testers can post all about their findings and impressions. In some ways it will be the part two of this thread. I may eventually lock this thread but I will unlock it again and ping this thread when the sales thread goes up. Still it would be best if you subscribe to the new thread.

I am not going to spend time on photography, lets let the beta testers do that. I have swapped several emails from all of them and they are all ready to start the fun on Friday. :crazy:

The beta testers will play a very important role in helping us finalize the UI. It is easy for me to program this light but I wrote the code! They may ask for different cues or longer pauses or who knows what. If they can post videos so much the better. It really would not take me long to incorporate their changes and then the second batch will be able to go out the door.

As usual, I am interested in everybody's comments and I will respond to everyones questions. If I don't, just ping me on it.

Cheers
Dave

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Congrats Guys :party:

Looking forward to lots of pics and your thoughts on this engineering
marvel of a flashlight :thumbsup:

My hat off to you Dave :twothumbs

mikes1

Enlightened
I volunteer to do the, wait for the sales thread anouncment, take the day off work, keep refreshing the Cool Fall forum page, and hope that I am luckey enough to score one :D

Nice one dave it's great to see the Tri-V come to fruition :twothumbs :twothumbs

Hope all goes well with the beta testing and the first batch can ship fairly soon.

Are the serial numbers going to be random?

Mike

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Congrats to the Beta testers!!!!! The rest of us will have to wait....but it sounds like it will be SO well worth it!

RIDE

The wait will not be to long. I am working on the next five.

All five lights passed their final tests this morning and shipped out. :popcorn:

Cheers
Dave

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm...:thinking: Is it craziness to sell all my lights to have just one?

I don't know... I think DeFab has a pretty good idea there...:naughty:

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved my FedEx tracking number and I think I'll wait on I35 for the FedEx man to come into town. I hope he is speeding then I can stop him and get my light a little early;)

Status
Not open for further replies.