Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

That is so cool! I'm just figuring out how to mess with it. I needed Dave's awesome video to learn how to get it to 3300...haven't quite got the lingo down yet...

Thud1023

Enlightened
Took me a minute to register what happened. I thought the light let off a shock at first, lol. As I was staring at the emitter expecting a candle mode. Great job once again Data!

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay I did p4 to 1 blinky then to 1 back to B blinky 5 times then p5 twice and it vibrates. You have to be kidding me. I love it. Now to see if I can get it to vibrate longer or harder, but I can't find the other two to see if this is possible.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I updated the Owners manual with all the Easter egg information. Please see the owners manual master index.

Please post back here with your impressions! I am curious what you all will make of this egg play.

:tinfoil::wtf::nana::thanks::rock::welcome:

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which LED would you recommend for use with the Dragon Nozzle?

The XM-L2 works great but the XP-L-Hi could be better. In the tests I have done with the XP-L-Hi, it seems as strong as the XM-L2. The XP-L-Hi should be able to focus to a tighter spot and that should be an advantage but I do not know for sure if it is actually better. However, it surely is not a disadvantage given that you can adjust the focus with the Dragon Fire Nozzle and so you can defocus it.

The DFN will burn a dark wood stick like no ones business but I cannot get it to flame up yet, not that I have actually given it the proper study. It is very very close. It lights char-cloth and matches in just a couple seconds and those are easy to start a fire with. Several of the Dragon Fire Nozzles are out in the wild now and I am hoping somebody will post some fire starting tricks.

Cheers
Dave

Hahaha, I saw it on you tube! I still want one....for scientific purposes only...of course!.Shhhh, let me know where to get one, I won't tell anyone.....I promise

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
My impressions on the 1005mA Easter egg - it's a brilliant feature , I have program P6 for 1005mA so it vibrates every time I change settings

It's an expensive light so it's nice to have some features which no other light has, it helps in justifying the cost - well done Dave
another comment - Mike's machining and the innovated Springfield Knurling is just fantastic, make sure you tell him CPF members recognized his contribution to the Spy

All the best

Matrix