Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Rudi

Enlightened
+1 for kudos to Mike, not just for the Springfield knurl but going back at least eight years to the general purpose rail adapter.

markdjr

Newly Enlightened
I tried searching, but wasn't working for me. Is the Sapphire or any CoolFall lights current or old waterproof? Thanks.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
I do not own one yet.... but from what I have seen no I don't belive they are water proof. There is a thread on here that someone is asking what to do because their spy got wet.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SPY flashlights are water resistant. They are fine for use in the rain but are not for use submerged. If they ever do get water inside the light you only need to open it up to let it dry out. Of course they have a life time warrantee to the original purchaser so there is no need to worry. There have been a couple SPY lights damaged by a leaky battery over the years but I do not recall a light ever permanently damaged by getting damp on the inside. The STFu MK4 converter board is very robust.

Cheers
Dave

egdima

Newly Enlightened
The Sapphire looks amazing! But I have noticed that the indented "rails" on the base version are gone, I really thought they complimented the look. Is there any chance to get them as an option?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are referring to the cuts on the flat side of the 007 and Tri-V body, they are still available on the Tri-V version 3 that is returning again very soon.

Cheers
Dave

egdima

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the cut-outs. When comparing Sapphire's Springfield bars version to a base model the difference is not only in bars themselves, the rectangular side of the Springfield bars SPY is indented while the base model has a very flat side. If there is ever a release of a Sapphire with an "old-style" machined look with cut-outs it would be terrific.

Just to confirm: there was an information that Tri-V would only be available in Ultra. But Ultra also means some additional finish. So will it be possible to get a Tri-V in different than Ultra configurations or just without the additional finish (but has to have the technology package)?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct all the Tri-Vs will have the Stone Washed Gunner Grip configuration but that does have the cutouts you were referring to.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

egdima

Newly Enlightened
Does the flat surface go closer to the tail of the Bow Ti version than it does on the additional finish versions? From the photos it seems the curved ridge is thicker near the tail cap for finished Sapphires. If so, was it done on purpose?

der

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave, I'm thinking about picking up a Sapphire 007 and wondered if there are some sample run times at the standard outputs. Understand that it might be variable based on the emitter and the individual setups but just something to get an idea would be great. Want to figure out how many sets of batteries I'll need!

der

Newly Enlightened
4Jnn47F.jpg

08-79 arrived safe and sound at it's new home in Japan today. God, it's beautiful!. Beautiful and small! Really really small!

I love it and can't wait for it to get dark!

Thanks so much Dave - amazing work!