Introducing the SPY 007 XM-L2

stoli67

Enlightened
My new Spy007 SWGG Neutral 5000k arrived Monday. As always the light is amazing.

The SWGG seems (to me at least) to feel nicer to hold ... Smoother perhaps!

The rapid on / off by cycling to position 6 and back I find much easier than the flip 3 times to position 1.

Obviously the first thing I did was program slot four position 6 to 3300mA!

I then installed a trit button insert - orange Predator pattern

I fear now my other SWGG 007 may get neglected.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please consider offering another upgrade.
zeleny, If I had time to do so, I would. I am deep in the middle of working on more Tri-V2s and continuing R&D on the 007. If only there were 30 hours in a day. :tinfoil: And this is where lux pipes in and points out that I need to be working on the owners manual too!!!

Cheers
Dave

stoli67

Enlightened
Anyone have any info on PU 5.... I have never tried to use the reporting feature .... just seems to keep blinking??

stoli67

Enlightened
I assumed that it worked like the battery meter.... 4.10 v = 4 blinks , pause, 1 blink pause then rapid flash for 0

This measures mA not volts.... to for 3300 mAs I was expecting 3 blinks pause 3 blinks pause etc....

Mine just blinks continuously... I gave up counting after 40 +

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assumed that it worked like the battery meter.... 4.10 v = 4 blinks , pause, 1 blink pause then rapid flash for 0

This measures mA not volts.... to for 3300 mAs I was expecting 3 blinks pause 3 blinks pause etc....

Mine just blinks continuously... I gave up counting after 40 +

Each blink is each digit of mA and groups of fast flashes means 0.

3300mA = 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks, pause, fast flashes, pause, fast flashes

30mA = fast flashes, pause, fast flashes, pause, 3 blinks, pause, fast flashes

The reason you counted so many flashes is because you left the knob in one of the on positions. It will just keep reading the same power level out over and over again.

Once you do PU5, turn the knob to the position you want to know the power of.

stoli67

Enlightened
I did a PU5 then turned it to pos 6..... then then continuous blinking started.... let me try one of the lower levels

OK it works for 500 mA and 1000 mA but when i put it to pos 6 where I programmed 3300 mA it just keeps blinking.... no pauses....

Actually I get the same continuous blinking with pos 1 (after PU5) .... I have programmed this low... I thought 5mA.... but cant check

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
I have it working for pos 2 to 5 with values of 20, 50,1000 and 2000 mA...... It just does not work as expected for pos 1 (5mA) and pos 6 (3300 mA)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
And this is where lux pipes in and points out that I need to be working on the owners manual too!!!

Cheers
Dave

OK, I'll take the bait, and add to your guilt:

Dave, GET THE MANUAL(s) DONE ! :devil:

For the price, I do think it is important for people to know how to be able to appreciate the hard work that has gone into all the various features. You could even do a Youtube video (including retakes) in less than an hour.

stoli67

Enlightened
Yes currently the Manual talks about increasing and decreasing power levels with PU5 etc....

I am wondering if the reporting feature works only between certain mAs.... and does not go up to 3300???

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my position 6 set to 3300 mA and it reads out fine.

The manual has an amended section right after what you just read for the first generation Spys.

stoli67

Enlightened
Nope just tried it twice more...

Counts out 1000mA at pos 4, 2000mA at pos 5 .... and then just continuously flashes at pos 6..... until you take the battery cover off..... it does not stop even when you turn the dial back to pos 0!

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope just tried it twice more...

Counts out 1000mA at pos 4, 2000mA at pos 5 .... and then just continuously flashes at pos 6..... until you take the battery cover off..... it does not stop even when you turn the dial back to pos 0!

I think your light might have a problem. The tell tale sign here is that it doesn't stop even when you shut it off. Mine had a lot of other problems, including what you just said, and I had to send it back to Dave for all new electronics.

One thing I noticed is along with the problems I had, the battery voltage indicator was super inaccurate. It was off by at least .4v off compared to my volt meter. You should try some fresh rcr batteries that you know are at 4.2 to 4.22v and see what your light says on PU6.

After getting it repaired my voltage read outs are dead accurate to my volt meter

Last edited: