Introducing the SPY 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the great BD weekend is wound down but it was fun. Thanks for the best wishes here on CPF, I got a kick out of that too! :twothumbs

The lights are nearly together. Only the reflector/lens to go. They will be finished up tonight. If all goes well I will post the sales thread Wednesday. Look for an update here in this thread tomorrow about the details for Wednesday.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the great BD weekend is wound down but it was fun. Thanks for the best wishes here on CPF, I got a kick out of that too! :twothumbs

The lights are nearly together. Only the reflector/lens to go. They will be finished up tonight. If all goes well I will post the sales thread Wednesday. Look for an update here in this thread tomorrow about the details for Wednesday.
Hey!, wait a minute!!! I thought you were bringing a 50th BD treat to PF13...Word on the street, Dave's homemade pizza :)

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Data - are you still planning to use Cree MC-E, XR-E, and XP-E emitters? According to their datasheets, cool white and neutral white both have a CRI of 75 while warm white has a CRI of 80. These are only nominal values and I think it is also appropriate to add that CRI does not tell the whole story. There is a practical difference between a neutral white and a cool white despite them both being rated at a CRI of 75.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this was the Tri-V thread! :eek: Sorry everybody.

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data - are you still planning to use Cree MC-E, XR-E, and XP-E emitters? According to their datasheets, cool white and neutral white both have a CRI of 75 while warm white has a CRI of 80. These are only nominal values and I think it is also appropriate to add that CRI does not tell the whole story. There is a practical difference between a neutral white and a cool white despite them both being rated at a CRI of 75.
I believe he is using the Seoul P4 in the regular 007.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 007's are all ready to go. The sales thread will be posted here in the Cool Fall forum tomorrow between noon and 1:00 PM eastern time.

Of the 20 lights, there are three stealth 007's in the mix. They do not have serial numbers or lanyard holes or a rail adapter. The side flats are larger too. Other than that, they are normal 007's. I am offering them up as a feeler to find out if anybody would want such a configuration. Otherwise the finish on them is no different than the other standard 007's.

I will post a picture of these three lights tomorrow within the sales thread.

Cheers
Dave

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome.:D

Are you still willing/able to send a unit to modamag prior to assembly? I will be signing up for a 'standard' 007 and possibly another for a hard coat. Kinda strange to call the 007 'standard' but you know what I mean. Decisions, decisions.:grin2:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome.:D

Are you still willing/able to send a unit to modamag prior to assembly? I will be signing up for a 'standard' 007 and possibly another for a hard coat. Kinda strange to call the 007 'standard' but you know what I mean. Decisions, decisions.:grin2:

I am not offering that service. However Milkyspit is.

Cheers
Dave

Incidentalist

Enlightened
The Stealth Spys sound nice. I would totally be all over one of those. Unfortunately I'll be in my car all afternoon tomorrow with no web access. Hopefully there will be enough interest to make these a more standard offering.

Best of luck to all who are looking to acquire one of Data's Spy007s. I got one secondhand a few months ago and it is the gem of my collection. It is impossible to go wrong with one of these. :twothumbs

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 007's are all ready to go. The sales thread will be posted here in the Cool Fall forum tomorrow between noon and 1:00 PM eastern time.

Cheers
Dave

If I am right, this would be between 17h00 an 18h00 UTC, so between 18h00 an 19h00 in western Europe.

I've got the time to refresh patiently with my laptop on my knees, the problem is how to raise the necessary funds until that time. Hey, wait, I currently sit in my office and that's just 2 floors over my bank. What have I got here that looks like a gun... :thinking:

mikes1

Enlightened
OK I have caved, Until I started reading about the Tri-V I had not considered a 007. I must have contracted some sort of crazzy Cool Fall feaver :sick: so now I must have both. I will be trying for a standard bright white :thumbsup: I wonder if I will get lucky?

By the way I would like to thank Dave for keeping the playing field level And thanks to Apple for the iPhone :D

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mike

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I got my SPY 007. A stealth neutral white one, the only one up to day. YEP, that's it, I don't need the rail fixation, a lanyard wouldn't harmonize with the design and I can live without a serial number. As I learned on CPF, serial numbers on flashlights doesn't add anything to the worth which comes 99% out of the love both of the manufacturer and the actual holder to the custom jewel. McGizmos have neither serial numbers nor a signature of any kind, nobody cares...

It's very strange how things evolve becoming a flashaholic. Not a long time ago I really wondered why some geeks invest such a large amount of money in a curious SPY when a china light, which costs 5% to 10% of the price does the same job and looks like a real flashlight. Today I own 4 McGizmo and have just bought that curious SPY and I am proud about it! :wave:

Now I hope that the precious will arrive safe and sound at home, Express Mail should do the job. Furthermore I hope it'll take Dave some more time to finish the TRI V CPF, so that another purchase will be possible, if the SPY 007 persuades me I have to do so. I'm pretty sure it will... :wave:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrat's on the Spy007 purchas. I carry one every day... I feel left out this is the first run that I did not buy one:eek:. Just waiting for the Tri-V.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
It's very strange how things evolve becoming a flashaholic. Not a long time ago I really wondered why some geeks invest such a large amount of money in a curious SPY when a china light, which costs 5% to 10% of the price does the same job and looks like a real flashlight. Today I own 4 McGizmo and have just bought that curious SPY and I am proud about it! :wave:

I know exactly how you feel. I was just like you until early this last summer. Just wait until you get that Spy in your hands. That is when you will know you are holding the best flashlight money can buy (until the Tri-V).

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are killing me.
Mine will be in the mail to me shortly:twothumbs
Until now, my "best" light is plastic Streamlight 4AA.
I thought this was good, apparantely I am in for a very pleasant surprise.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to the Latest class of SPY owners!;) Those Stealth SPY's sure do look the part!

-Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.