Is the "edit post" feature no longer available under the new formatting?

DaveTheDude

I wanted to edit a "Giveaway" post I had made to indicate a donation of spare parts has been made, and the parts were therefore no longer available. My intention was to allow readers to quickly determine that there was not much point in reading the thread. I find however that I'm unable to edit my thread title to indicate a CLOSED status.

Amy I missing something? Or is the edit feature no longer available to the thread's author?

(This isn't a rant; I just want to be sure I'm not misinterpreting anything.) Thanks.

Olumin

CPF Supporter
I am able to edit a post I made on July 16th, but not one I made July 15th. Perhaps there is a time Limit?
Im on desktop, so I cant speak for mobile users. For me the Edit option simply appears right next to the Report button.

pinkpanda3310

CPF Supporter
Can't speak for others, but a post I made has "report" to the bottom left with some dots and a down facing triangle. Click on the dots and edit is an option.
I don't see the dots so am unable to edit as well

Last edited:

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
9-F989-DC4-DA8-C-4266-9-FE3-D348523-B5-E7-B.jpg

Now to add a pic from a 3rd part click the "add photo" pic at the top (the square with a mountain) and the click the little chain looking thing on the right and paste your 3rd party link and hit save.

pinkpanda3310

CPF Supporter
I guess maybe a little more time to work out the bugs. I can edit the posts in this thread but cannot edit my sale thread that was posted before the changes.

chaoss

CPF Supporter
I’m unable to edit my post as well.
No biggie, J will get things sorted in time.
Still really liking the new format. (y)

dotCPF

CPF Supporter
I can report similar problems in my GB thread, FWIW, glad it's not just me, technical misery loves company, and I tend to find those problems are often more solvable...

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
Yup when 857 folks here have the same issue you can figure a solution isn't far away. It's those time you post in the problems section and ends up you are the only one with the issue……doh!

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking into this, and will update this post when I know more.
Several usergroups multiple people are a part of that still needs more clean up.

pinkpanda3310

CPF Supporter
Agreed i made a new sales thread since the change over but it's still unable to edit

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
Just so folks know, there are/were 16 usergroups and each forum had their own permissions. So I'm making great headway, but still working on a number of things. So thank you for your patience as we I work through the list.

Kid9P

CPF Supporter
Awesome, looking forward to the fix. I currently posted a sale today and have no means of editing it.

BTW I can edit here but not on the marketplace yet.

Last edited: