is there a keylight that fits OVER the key?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well by the looks of it you will be out of luck. Seems this is a blank key you have to have cut. The light is molded onto the key. At least I do not see any other way that the key hole itself could be molded onto the key as in the photo.

Also if you read the statement with the photo that is what it says. I quote,>> "the light is actually part of the key, not something you pull over it"

Cajun

All he needs to do is purchase the uncut key with the light and have his local locksmith grind it.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
I have the one from walmart. The light is actually a part of the key rather than something that goes over it. Here's a pic of mine

photoksl.jpg

Does this light contain a lithium battery? If so you could always have two cut and keep the other on the shelf at home when the other is caputz.

Or can you change the battery??

Interesting. My wifes car lights do not work below the radio. I do not drive her car hardly ever. Would be nice to have a key like this to find my away around down there. :thinking:

Daniel AKA/>> nativecajun

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for all 3 answers! I'll stop at Lowes on my way home tommorow. No need to have new keys ground if I can just add a stick-on.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all 3 answers! I'll stop at Lowes on my way home tommorow. No need to have new keys ground if I can just add a stick-on.
These Keylight brand ones are not stick-ons, they are the whole key. The plastic head is part of the key and is not removeable. Only the battery is removeable. The plastic head is about twice the thickness of the key.
They are $3.79 (including cutting) at Lowes.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look cool.

I have bought my family member various keychain lights so they can find the way to the door etc.

These would be another great idea... turn them into mini flashaholics :D

__philippe

Enlightened

recDNA,

I guess you are confusing two distinct items:

1 - the KeyLight pointed to by Duboost in post #8 and Morelite in post #12
this is a BLANK key with a built-in very thin white LED light moulded on top.

The blank key needs to be cut by copying one of your existing keys.

294geb8.jpg

2 - the NanoLite pointed to by myself in posts #18 and #22,
this is a tiny (5mm thick) adhesive red LED light which you stick-on an existing key.

34ywh3b.jpg

Cheers,

__philippe

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Bought a couple today at Lowe's. Disappointed they have the red led's. I prefer cool white for more output and I don't see the color red very well. Better than nothin I guess.

If somebody finds one with a white led let me know.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a couple today at Lowe's. Disappointed they have the red led's. I prefer cool white for more output and I don't see the color red very well. Better than nothin I guess.

If somebody finds one with a white led let me know.

The key head color matches the LED color except for black which has a white LED.
The Lowes here only has the red and black (white) in stock and it doesn't look like they carry the other colors as there is no tag or space on the display for them.

The website states they come in red, green, blue, purple, and black (white LED).