Is there a light that shines like the A2's secondary LEDs?

tenregular11

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I like the way the A2 shines with its white secondary LEDs. I'm looking for that type of shine. Low intensity, floody wide low mode with no hotspot. Is there any other light to duplicate the A2-WH on low? (Maybe with less blue tint too)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Wow I didn't realize lights can get that expensive

Thanks for the reply, I looked it up they do look great

Cheers!

Might be fun to look up the Cool Fall Tri-V then ... :devil:

In all seriousness, the A2 is a classic, almost entirely unique, and one of my very favorite torches. The A2L is, of course, very similar (except for the central LED replacing the incandescent lamp).

If you already have an A2-WH and just want better tint, try searching for a Koala Onion Ring or a calipsoii ring. These replace the factory stock LED ring for the A2 (not A2L), and are available in many colors and tints ( such as "warm white" ) .

If all you want is a pure flood beam without any throw whatsoever, however, that is easy ... lots of choices available - just look for flashlights called "mules". McGizmo makes the classic (expensive), but Peak / Oveready makes a much more affordable version.

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix HL10 has that kind of beam. It's a headlamp but you can unclip it and use it as an angle-head light as well.

carrot

Flashaholic
If I read that correctly, you are looking for a flashlight that doesn't necessarily have the two beams of the A2, but simply something like the A2's low? Here we call that style of beam "flood" or "floody" and a search will reveal a lot of options. Any light with a large LED and a small reflector will be similar to this.

I just picked up a Sunwayman C21C and it has a very nice flood style beam.

Besides that I think the Quark Mini XML and Quark Pro XML will be like this as well. They changed the model naming system awhile back and I don't remember how those worked, but you'll know them when you see them on their site.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Multitask 1L has three white led's

The Fenix HP25 headlamp has a flood beam.

VinhNyugen makes p60 dropins in a mule fashion, a mule head means all flood and no reflector. A Nichia 219 mule would be prefect for tint

I love the Sunwayman C21c, but that's cause I really like red.

On the Marketplace there are really good diffuser films being sold.

For a great neutral tint flood, I have a Nailbender made LingerSpecial Nichia 219 4500k 500 lumen dropin (has a low mode too) and a diffuser lens from Oveready. It's a pretty sweet setup for flood.