Is this a good addition to my collection??

sizzlechest

Enlightened
These were available from action-lights for quite a while for around $20, so these prices "appear" to be highly inflated. The first one on ebay went for over $80!

I would have spent $50 to obtain one for my collection but I'm not sure I would have bought more than one at this price.

I would think that all of your minimag collection questions would be better suited for the minimag collection forum, for which you already participate. As opposed to opening a new thread for each of your questions.

Also, I would encourage you to read through the collection thread to learn a bunch of details on collecting them. It mentions rarity, colors, etc. Important if you intend to continue collecting.

KLC

Newly Enlightened
I also think the price 'seems' to be inflated. Nevertheless, as time goes on, I would guess that the fuchsia unknurled Mini Maglites will only continue to become more valuable. If a person was to hold on to them for a few years then I am sure you would be able to get your money back and then some. By the way, I currently have a few as well.

KLC

Newly Enlightened
Also, I would encourage you to read through the collection thread to learn a bunch of details on collecting them. It mentions rarity, colors, etc. Important if you intend to continue collecting.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

I probabally paid too much.. like KLC said, if i hang onto them (which I plan to) They will definately go up in value. I had my dieselducy.com one done at lazerdesigns.com and it was 25.00 there as well.. I won 2 on ebay yesteday night, probabally paid 2 much for them, but I will have them with the rest of my lites. I am NEW TO COLLECTING maglites, and I will pocket this experience in my "learn" bank Thanks for all the advice.

KLC

Newly Enlightened
I probabally paid too much.. like KLC said, if i hang onto them (which I plan to) They will definately go up in value. I had my dieselducy.com one done at lazerdesigns.com and it was 25.00 there as well.. I won 2 on ebay yesteday night, probabally paid 2 much for them, but I will have them with the rest of my lites. I am NEW TO COLLECTING maglites, and I will pocket this experience in my "learn" bank Thanks for all the advice.

Value is in the eye of the beholder (and market if you sell). If you think they are worth it than that is all that matters.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Value is in the eye of the beholder (and market if you sell). If you think they are worth it than that is all that matters.

I completely agree with KLC. You only paid too much if your not happy that you acquired them. If you're happy that's all that matters. Too many times I've quibbled over a few dollars only to still be wanting something latter and it not being available anymore.

Enjoy your new lights! :)